Wiring - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #81

Trailer: 15A 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Direct link: Files > Systems > 15A_Wiring-Diag_09-13-15

NOCO G7200 charger hardwired in; this is presumably an owner modification.
Correct.
St3v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #82

Trailer: 15A 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Direct link: Files > Systems > 15A_Wiring-Diag_09-13-15

colour-change situation: the battery is wired to the red=positive / black=negative convention commonly used at 12-volt batteries, but the connection to the tug is black=positive / white=negative as per the normal practice for RVs. That leads to the red-to-black connection and black-to-white connections in the electrical box. There are other ways to handle this, but I've seen people complain in forums about every possible solution.

In this diagram, the Main Shutoff switch only disconnects the converter and distribution panel (fusebox) from the other wiring shown. This means that the breakaway switch for the brakes will continue to be connected to the battery, and thus continue to work, regardless of the position of the Main Shutoff switch.

Steve, is the "electrical box" one of the common trailer cable termination boxes, like this: Trailer Wiring Junction Box?
Yes the color changes seem to make sense. And the breakaway switch being continuously powered seems a good decision to me.

The electrical box is a standard metal box like you would find in Home Depot mounted under the front driver-side seat.

I was doing this reverse engineering last September and I see a few details now that I should mention: The location on the schematic roughly corresponds to location in the trailer. That is items on the left are near the front, on the right are near the back and in the middle, in the middle. There are also two Ground symbols. The one shaped like a triangle and labeled GND is a "local" ground, usually just a junction screw with a bunch of ground wires attached. The One labeled GNDPWR is a connection to chassis. Hope that helps.
St3v3 is offline   Reply With Quote