Hi there! My husband and I are very excited to have just put our deposit on an Escape 19, after couple years of looking at trailers and reading reviews. We have enjoyed our oversized tent trailer immensely and have fond family memories, but now itís time to move to something more comfortable. We appreciate all the information on the ĎEscape Forumí and have learned a lot.
Can you help us navigate the options list? It is very overwhelming, so I would really appreciate your thoughts on my ďlistĒ:
* We are pulling the TT with a Toyota Tacoma V6 AWD with tow packageówe have added a brake controller. Anyone else pulling with the same?
* I am almost certain that we are going to get solar, dual batteries and the 1500W inverter since we may be off the grid for several days.
*We are planning to get the u-shaped dinette. How many can sit around the table? If you have/donít have it, are you pleased with your choice? What do you/donít you like about it?
* We are not getting a TV but are opting to watch news and videos on our laptop. Thoughts?
* Does anyone use satellite radio? Are you happy with it?
*We plan to do a lot of our own cooking and I think we will be fine with a 2 burner stove as we can cook outside. Microwave will be nice when we can hook up to electricity.
* We donít plan to camp in the snow, but you never know. We will probably experience extreme cold and heat and are considering getting more insulation and foam spray. Is this overkill?
* Last, what are you so happy that you did with your Escape? Likewise what is something you donít use that you opted for?
This is our list for now, I appreciate your input!