Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners helping each other (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/)
-   -   Amish replacement cooling units (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/amish-replacement-cooling-units-11451.html)

PGDriver 10-16-2017 07:58 AM

Amish replacement cooling units
 
For anyone interested I just heard back from JC Refrigeration about the availability of an Amish Cooling Unit to replace the Dometic one in the RMD8555 fridge. As most of you know the Amish cooling units are far superior then units built by Dometic and Norcold

Here is what they sent me.


“We are getting more and more calls for these, I am thinking we will pursue making a replacement that will be much colder then what you have and that process takes approx. 3 months...........

So if you can wait and check back we should have it available : thanks JR”


JC Refrigeration LLC
6495-W 200-N
Shipshewana IN 46565
P 260-768-4067 F 260-768-4424
jcref@centurylink.net
Home | JC Refrigeration





Cheers
Doug

Chapitre 10-16-2017 08:02 AM

That would certainly be great if need be - let us know anything further.

thoer 10-16-2017 08:08 AM

Doug that could be really good news for a lot of folks. I have heard nothing but good reviews of those Amish units.

PGDriver 10-16-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapitre (Post 220337)
That would certainly be great if need be - let us know anything further.



I will, mine seems to work fairly well, it just take awhile in the warmer weather.

Have been thinking about trying a southern holiday which could possibly be a lot warmer, so that combined with being in the US I was thinking it might be worth looking into.


Cheers
Doug

PGDriver 10-16-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoer (Post 220339)
Doug that could be really good news for a lot of folks. I have heard nothing but good reviews of those Amish units.



I hope so Eric.
As a side note hopefully other people will look at this as a best option and contact them, I did mention to them I would bring this to our Forum.



Cheers
Doug

thoer 10-16-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGDriver (Post 220342)
I hope so Eric.
As a side note hopefully other people will look at this as a best option and contact them, I did mention to them I would bring this to our Forum.

That would surely show them that there is a customer base all ready for them!

Jim Bennett 10-16-2017 08:58 AM

Definitely the more folks that contact them on this model fridge, the quicker they will be to offer a better solution. If this works that much better, what a great solution it would be for those having problems. Maybe Dometic should try to hire their engineering fellow. :)

NW Cat Owner 10-16-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGDriver (Post 220335)
As most of you know the Amish cooling units are far superior then units built by Dometic and Norcold

Please don't make assumptions about what "most" might know. "Many" might have been a better word. Or "some". I'm sure there's some or many folks on this forum that were clueless when reading this post and had to click on the link. ;D Me included. Never heard of this product before.

PGDriver 10-16-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner (Post 220357)
Please don't make assumptions about what "most" might know. "Many" might have been a better word. Or "some". I'm sure there's some or many folks on this forum that were clueless when reading this post and had to click on the link. ;D Me included. Never heard of this product before.



So how many people have to know before the word most can be used.


Cheers
Doug

rbryan4 10-16-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGDriver (Post 220359)
So how many people have to know before the word most can be used.


Cheers
Doug

50.000001 percent, Doug. Now go grab your calculator. [emoji23]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.