Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Paper Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f33/)
-   -   Progressive Insurance (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f33/progressive-insurance-12218.html)

oldsalt 02-01-2018 03:41 PM

Progressive Insurance

We will be picking up our new 21' next month. Erie is our current carrier for auto, home, and umbrella. They do not offer replacement coverage in the event of total loss or theft, only actual cash value. I hope no one has had to file a claim who has Progressive but if you did were you happy with the way it was handled? Progressives quote is about 21% more but they do offer replacement coverage for five years.

rbryan4 02-02-2018 09:13 AM

We have Progressive (through Good Sam) with replacement cost coverage, but luckily we've never had a claim. I can tell you the service in taking your money is flawless. They know how to do that very well. [emoji23]

GregandTeresa 02-02-2018 10:16 AM

We also have a Progressive replacement policy, but not through Good Sam. But like Robert, we have not had to file a claim. And they take their money every month, as scheduled :)

Ripple 02-02-2018 12:10 PM

I have (had) Good Sam insurance (I think thru National General) with replacement coverage, and totaled my Lil Snoozy.

I have been very pleased with their service. My trailer was a 2014, bought used in 2016, and they gave me the cost of a new Snoozy (about 130% of what I paid) if I purchased a new trailer for that amount or more.
The Insurance Company also offered me about 50% of the new Snoozy price if I did not replace it. I guess that is the typical depreciation of a 3 year old "stick-built" trailer.

I now have an Escape 21 on order, and ETI has already been paid for most of the cost.

h2owmn 02-02-2018 09:26 PM

Ripple, I gotta say, I love the name of your town!

sturski 02-03-2018 07:39 AM

I've had Progressive for 15 years on my cars, trucks, & trailer. Never filed a claim on the trailer; but I had to file one on my Tacoma when a bear got into the back seat and ate the interior. Despite the oddness of the claim, they covered $9900 in damages without an issue.

Eggscape 02-03-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturski (Post 235904)
I've had Progressive for 15 years on my cars, trucks, & trailer. Never filed a claim on the trailer; but I had to file one on my Tacoma when a bear got into the back seat and ate the interior. Despite the oddness of the claim, they covered $9900 in damages without an issue.

I see in your avatar that you managed to get a picture of it...:eek:

sturski 02-06-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggscape (Post 235910)
I see in your avatar that you managed to get a picture of it...:eek:

I've had words with Molly (my avatar). While she traumatizes the UPS guy and door to door preachers, she snored right through my Tacoma getting ate.

thiggins 02-07-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturski (Post 236366)
I've had words with Molly (my avatar). While she traumatizes the UPS guy and door to door preachers, she snored right through my Tacoma getting ate.

Now that's funny.

:laugh: