Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Modifications and Alterations (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/)
-   -   A few modifications to my 19 (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/a-few-modifications-to-my-19-a-2883.html)

MyronL 10-13-2013 06:12 PM

A few modifications to my 19

4 Attachment(s)
  • Needed a clothesline but did not want to drill holes.
  • Fold out step is too small for my big foot.
  • Hangers for towels and for trousers with no defacement.
  • A kitchen shelf for mugs and condiments, and hooks for spoons.

gharper 10-13-2013 06:23 PM

Looks great Myron. How did you attach the kitchen shelf, thinking might do the same?

cpaharley2008 10-13-2013 06:28 PM

looks like he attached the one end piece to the oh vent&dinette wall and the other end is resting on the window frame? nice and innovative...

MyronL 10-13-2013 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. Coffee being very important to me, it was important to make this thing so the coffee cups would be up there snug and safe, while in transit. I first cut the shelf to size. On the right I screwed to it a small rectangle of thick, white vinyl from scrap I had on hand. Would have used aluminum sheet but then found the scrap. Drilled holes in it to match up with screw hidden by button. On left side of shelf I disassembled the window shade spool, cut a 2 inch length of square tube, drilled holes to match up, using the same screw/lock nut.

I found the right side wall was not a perfect right angle to the shelf so I decided to hide the gap with the verticle piece that goes up between the vent hood and the wall. That, I discovered, not only hid the gap but gave me reason to add that "flag" for the utensils hooks.

What I like is the entire thing is reversible with no visible damage

cpaharley2008 10-13-2013 06:51 PM

I see it now, take some magic marker and make it black, it will disappear before your eyes.

dbailey 10-14-2013 12:02 AM

Very nice work. I quite like how you secure the coffee mugs. Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea ;).

MyronL 10-14-2013 11:58 AM

Not road tested yet, but steal away. In a previous trailer life my mugs hung from hooks. It became apparent one bumpy road later this was a good way to smash mugs together.

FMLNM 10-14-2013 03:40 PM

Looks good! I like you step modification!

MyronL 10-16-2013 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you keep bumping your head on the same thing it ends up being a bloody pain. I had that problem with the metal crank handle on a manual ceiling vent. When buying safe, odorless, non-staining Arctic Ban today I found the perfect solution for my cranky problem in the next aisle.

woodie 10-18-2013 06:58 PM

Nice Myron,I really like your idea for mugs,They always slide around in the cupboards and get chipped.Will have to see if I can adapt the idea into my 15A. A place for a few spice bottles as well as they always tip over and spill in the cupboards too.Winter projects a coming up.