Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners helping each other (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/)
-   -   Sliding Table (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/sliding-table-3024.html)

ChuckS 11-21-2013 12:23 AM

Sliding Table

1 Attachment(s)
In 2010 four of us Escape 19 owners replaced the threaded rod table lock with a bunk/cabinet lock. We all had trouble with the factory one coming loose and the table sliding on the road. I just saw a new 21ft with the old style lock.
Chuck

Jim Bennett 11-21-2013 06:47 AM

My table does not even have a lock, and has been no issue for 5 years. It is nice to be able to slide easily to get in and out.

FMLNM 11-21-2013 07:26 AM

Ours does not have a lock either. If we ever put one in it would be something that would just lock it for travel and not while we were camped.

Jim Bennett 11-21-2013 08:05 AM

I guess that makes sense to just lock it for travel. There really has been no indication of it moving while travelling though, but then, we are not there to watch. :)

Bruce Wray 11-21-2013 10:46 AM

Jim, I think our '09 19s were built with the tables more tightly toleranced against the front wall, so that friction between the table and wall liner prevents unwanted movement. If I had a newer model and the table slid too freely, I'd probably just put a piece of foam insulation strip along the wall end of the table sufficient to prevent unwanted movement, and call it good. But then, I'm always looking for the lazy way out. ;>)

Bruce

Jim Bennett 11-21-2013 11:23 AM

Maybe that was it, Bruce. My table did rub the front wall. I did not like that, and when I redid the flooring, I moved it out a bit. I like the foam idea, I have a bunch of 1/2" thick ensolite from camping pads laying around that would work good.

amirie 11-21-2013 02:16 PM

I used a long strip of glue on felt (like for bottom of chairs etc)
on the edge of our table.

Greggo 11-21-2013 05:54 PM

Chuck, can you send along a picture of your installation? I don't like the screw tight lock the factory uses. It's chewing up the wood under the table and doesn't hold the table secure on the road.

Greg

RickM 11-21-2013 06:19 PM

Gregg, sorry I don't have any pictures but the lock,

RV|Universal|bunk|latch

works nicely. Mine was installed at the first, 2011, Escape Rally held in Osoyoss.

ChuckS 11-21-2013 07:54 PM

table lock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greggo (Post 38010)
Chuck, can you send along a picture of your installation? I don't like the screw tight lock the factory uses. It's chewing up the wood under the table and doesn't hold the table secure on the road.

Greg

Somewhere on this forum Pete posted the complete installation. The lock is for travel. The factory screw and nut. The nut will work loose in the wood and the screw rod will wobble around. I was sick of the bottom of the table being chewed up by the screw rod. I thought Reace would change to something better.
Just wanted to alert new owners of 21ft trailers.
Chuck