Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   General Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/)
-   -   Enough already…. (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/enough-already-3297.html)

cpaharley2008 02-04-2014 10:00 AM

Enough already….

4 Attachment(s)
We got 9" yesterday, seasonal total 24", 4-6' more due tonite and tomorrow, with another storm coming this weekend.

TAfraser 02-04-2014 10:18 AM

Jim, snow in the yard, trees and bushes can be very pretty. Enjoy the view, at least until they plow the streets.
Tom

Ruthe 02-04-2014 10:19 AM

It's a real winter here in NJ for the first time in a long time and I don't mind the snow as much as I minded the deep cold we had last week. But then I live two blocks from everything so I don't have to drive.

barry 02-04-2014 10:21 AM

Just think how much money you're saving on campground fees. :-)

Scuba55 02-04-2014 11:24 AM

I would welcome the snow in place of the severe drought we are having in California. There are several communities in CA that will run out of water in the next 100 days if we don't get significant rain. Please pray for rain!!

JohnB 02-04-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba55 (Post 43262)
I would welcome the snow in place of the severe drought we are having in California. There are several communities in CA that will run out of water in the next 100 days if we don't get significant rain. Please pray for rain!!

Normally here in the Pacific Northwest we would have a glut of precipitation that we could spare down in California. But this winter is different! Have had far less precipitation, more sun and generally a mixed bag of temperatures fluctuating from above normal to below normal. Presently we are having a cold spell with sunshine.

We could certainly use more precipitation here as well, preferably as snow in the mountains to secure summer water supplies.
The long range forecast is for the trend to return to normal after we get through the cold snap currently in place.

Hope that California gets the precipitation you badly need - real soon.

ColoRockiesFan 02-04-2014 12:32 PM

We're supposed to get 1/2 inch of ice tonight. :eek:

I'll take snow anytime.

Seamstress 02-04-2014 01:03 PM

Westerners! Please feel free to come to Philadelphia, PA, and help yourself to our current 12" of snow. All you can carry, free! Or wait until tomorrow and have it capped in ice! Or come on Sunday when we will have YET MORE SNOW! We are seriously running out of places to put it. The very cold weather won't let it melt away. With the rivers freezing over, areas are now in danger of flooding as well.

I feel for those who are experiencing drought. I lived in CA for 8 years so I know first hand of the water problems. If only there was some way to send the clouds your way.

Sandra L 02-04-2014 01:12 PM

We Californians would greatly appreciate your snow! I wish I could figure out a way to get it here. ;)

gabeck 02-04-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamstress (Post 43266)
Westerners! Please feel free to come to Philadelphia, PA, and help yourself to our current 12" of snow. All you can carry, free! Or wait until tomorrow and have it capped in ice! Or come on Sunday when we will have YET MORE SNOW! We are seriously running out of places to put it. The very cold weather won't let it melt away. With the rivers freezing over, areas are now in danger of flooding as well.

I feel for those who are experiencing drought. I lived in CA for 8 years so I know first hand of the water problems. If only there was some way to send the clouds your way.

Ok folks no need to go that far - just come to Calgary .......bring a BIG truck.....all you can carry - duty free !! In fact some of us may be willing to pay - unfortunately just in CDs though !!