Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners helping each other (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/)
-   -   Water Pump Issue (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/water-pump-issue-3902.html)

cschambach 05-26-2014 11:28 AM

Water Pump Issue

I've just gone through the dewinterization process on my 2013 Escape 19. Everything went well except I cannot get water from my taps when using the water pump. I hear the pump running but no water comes from any of the taps. I've filled the fresh water tank 1/3 full. Because I couldn't get water from the fresh water tank I hooked up a hose to the city water intake and I have no issues with getting water then. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

cpaharley2008 05-26-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschambach (Post 53764)
I've just gone through the dewinterization process on my 2013 Escape 19. Everything went well except I cannot get water from my taps when using the water pump. I hear the pump running but no water comes from any of the taps. I've filled the fresh water tank 1/3 full. Because I couldn't get water from the fresh water tank I hooked up a hose to the city water intake and I have no issues with getting water then. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Have you turned the valves on the water heater bypass, if so it will take awhile to fill the water heater before water comes from the spigot. Check the water tank again, you may have emptied it into the water heater.

cschambach 05-26-2014 11:46 AM

Yes. I made sure the hot water tank was filled with the water from the city water intake before turning on the heater. The fresh water tank still shows 1/3 full and the water pump keeps running even if there are no taps open.

padlin 05-26-2014 12:06 PM

If you have a winterizing kit installed, it may use valves to direct the antifreeze to the pump or the water tank, make sure they are back to the fresh water tank.

cschambach 05-26-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padlin (Post 53773)
If you have a winterizing kit installed, it may use valves to direct the antifreeze to the pump or the water tank, make sure they are back to the fresh water tank.

Thanks, Bob, but I don't have a winterizing kit installed.

Viajante 05-26-2014 01:02 PM

CS,
My pump ran a little while this spring before it pumped water, maybe 20 secs. It sounded like it had lost its prime and was trying to pump air before the water came through. All I can suggest is making sure the intake line to the pump is tight and that the intake line doesn't have any apparent holes. The info I have from pump manufacturer says the pump can be run dry indefinitely without a problem.

jamman 05-26-2014 02:15 PM

Symptom: Pump won't shut off AND it runs very quietly. (It is MUCH noisier when working right.)

I have had the pump run for a few minutes to reprime itself after draining the tank. Opening a faucet and letting the water/air run helps.

Jim Bennett 05-26-2014 03:06 PM

With air in the line it is not uncommon to have this kinda behavior, but if bled it should not. I would double check that you did completely purge the air out of the hot water tank and lines? Otherwise, there is likely an issue with the pump itself, either not getting to pressure, or not sensing that it is.

gbaglo 05-26-2014 03:24 PM

Removing the aerator from the faucet and cleaning out debris caught in it solved my problem with my water pump.
If it works, it's a quick fix. Just pay attention to which parts go back in what order and which side up.

Jubal 05-26-2014 04:01 PM

Add another 5 gallons to the fresh water tank and try again. The tank liquid indicators are not accurate.