Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Shopping Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f40/)
-   -   Fabrics and Formica (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f40/fabrics-and-formica-4089.html)

rbryan4 06-27-2014 09:18 PM

Fabrics and Formica

6 Attachment(s)
Hello all, I wanted to share the Formica and fabric choices we think we've narrowed it down to.

First the countertops:

rbryan4 06-27-2014 09:20 PM

And now the fabrics/upholstery

4 Attachment(s)
The fabrics -- all of them are Sunbrella.

rbryan4 06-27-2014 09:21 PM

Thoughts? I know this is entirely a matter of taste, but we are looking for a bit of a lighter, more modern tone to go with the stainless stove/rangehood/sink, etc.

gbaglo 06-27-2014 09:31 PM

I think you could rapidly tire of the fabrics with bold patterns.
I'd go with standard upholstery ( save some money ) and spend on throw pillows. Cause, when you tire of them, you can throw them out and get new ones.

abby 06-27-2014 10:27 PM

We went with American Granite Rose, the third one in your list. We chose Frequency Ash for the fabric Sunbrella 56092-0000 Frequency Ash 54" Upholstery Fabric. They are working on our trailer now so maybe next week that part will be done and you can see how it looks when we post photos.

Vella

Donna D. 06-27-2014 10:43 PM

And you DID get bigger samples (5x7) or so from Formica and you have ordered whatever size you can get from the fabric store.. right? OMG, I can't believe the mistake I would have made if I didn't get bigger sizes of Formica and that bigger piece of fabric. (I bought a yard on eBay). YMMV

I like some of your choices, even if my computer monitor is LAME!

JaimeA 06-27-2014 11:03 PM

Nice choices! We are going through the same process for our 19', and we found that the small samples of Sunbrella were not big enough to really get feel for the look. The 5x7 formica samples really helped. We are still undecided, but going for clean and more contemporary look (I think). I know that our fabric choice changed when we decided to switch to the U-shaped dinette - there is just more fabric and a different look to it. Also, it's good to keep in mind that the fabric you might like for the seats would not always be what you would pick for above the windows. Pick something you like for both places :)

Keep us posted - love to see the pictures of everyone's choices.

Donna D. 06-27-2014 11:21 PM

Big deal, this is a BIG DEAL. Remember, upholstery fabric becomes "unavailable" after a year, 18 months. REALLY. Buy more than you think you need if your really, really like your choice and you THINK you may need to make repairs... I bought a couple of extra yards. Rather buy it now, than from a "vintage fabric" reseller five years from now.:eek: YMMV

LarryandLiz 06-28-2014 12:20 PM

We also are going for the more modern look for our 17B which will be ready August 13. I think if we stay more basic with our upholstery choices and use accent pillows to add colour and interest we will be happier in the long run. These are our choices; Sunbrella Mainstreet Latte, Formica Mineral Jet with Radiance finish and Armstrong Kline in gray. These were the most challenging decisions for me to make. I can't wait to see it all come together soon. Good luck!
Liz

rbryan4 06-28-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abby (Post 57210)
We went with American Granite Rose, the third one in your list. We chose Frequency Ash for the fabric Sunbrella 56092-0000 Frequency Ash 54" Upholstery Fabric. They are working on our trailer now so maybe next week that part will be done and you can see how it looks when we post photos.

Vella

I like the fabric color you chose. Another win is that it's not a pattern, so you got away with using less! I'd love to see photos once you get it!