Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Modifications and Alterations (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/)
-   -   Bath towel rack and tp holder (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/bath-towel-rack-and-tp-holder-4159.html)

Sandra L 07-08-2014 11:40 PM

Bath towel rack and tp holder

2 Attachment(s)
I have an Escape that was made before they put the new tp holders that are covered and under the sink. I took mine off the door and replaced it with one of those screw type suction cup holders. It has adhered for over a year, while my other ones come off from time to time. I got it at IKEA. I bought the towel rack there later and had to saw the bar to length. (I made it 15"). I then assembled it and based on my prior success with the tp holder, I expect it to stay. I do use the command hooks for smaller items. I also belong to the "No Holes Baglo" school.;)

cpaharley2008 07-09-2014 06:15 AM

I love those suction cups on fiberglass, even use a few outside for hanging towels to dry.

Zardoz 07-19-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra L (Post 58548)
I have an Escape that was made before they put the new tp holders that are covered and under the sink. I took mine off the door and replaced it with one of those screw type suction cup holders. It has adhered for over a year, while my other ones come off from time to time. I got it at IKEA. I bought the towel rack there later and had to saw the bar to length. (I made it 15"). I then assembled it and based on my prior success with the tp holder, I expect it to stay. I do use the command hooks for smaller items. I also belong to the "No Holes Baglo" school.;)

It took me a while to get to an IKEA, but finally picked up the basket, TP holder, and towel bar this morning. I can't believe how strong the suction cups are. I pulled so hard I thought the plastic would break before the cup came off the wall. Great tip, Sandra; thanks!:thumb:

float5 07-19-2015 06:14 PM

Orders can be made with IKEA online or by phone.

FMLNM 07-19-2015 06:32 PM

The TP holder does not appear on the US IKEA website...it does show up on the Canadian one but you can't log in using your US account... Is it carried in the US stores?

Zardoz 07-19-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMLNM (Post 101681)
The TP holder does not appear on the US IKEA website...it does show up on the Canadian one but you can't log in using your US account... Is it carried in the US stores?

There were bunches of them in Renton, WA today. Not that it's right up the street from you. :(

Carla Jean 07-19-2015 07:12 PM

These are sold at West Marine for around $32. Pricey but useful. You need very strong Velcro to hold it on.

FMLNM 07-19-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 101682)
There were bunches of them in Renton, WA today. Not that it's right up the street from you. :(

Well, we'll be in Portland Oregon next month visiting friends ... maybe we'll try to fit in a stop at the IKEA there....

lorrie 07-19-2015 07:29 PM

Does anyone know which IKEA suction devices are better: IMMELN or STUGVIK?

Zardoz 07-19-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorrie (Post 101685)
Does anyone know which IKEA suction devices are better: IMMELN or STUGVIK?

I only fiddled with the Stugvik ones that I purchased. They were secure far beyond my expectations. No experience wih Immeln.