Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f21/)
-   -   Ultimate Camping Accessory (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f21/ultimate-camping-accessory-4351.html)

rbryan4 08-18-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 63213)
Just think, the California drought would disappear if California eliminated all the private swimming pools, hot tubs, and golf course irrigation within the state.

I was in Santa Cruz 3 weeks ago. They've pretty much done most of that already. The drought is pretty severe. I feel for California right now. They need rain.

gbaglo 08-18-2014 02:33 PM

I've got no problem with a good discussion. :D

J Mac 08-18-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotfishtacos (Post 63211)
David, I posted this because it is pretty crazy sometimes seeing what is being offered for camping. Your ranting about wasteful campers is amusing because it is all a matter of perspective. A backpacker who carries their camping gear on their back may say you are very extravagant with your 5.0 Fifth Wheel rig pulled by a 3/4 Ton V-8 Truck. "Extravagant" is a matter of perspective. This is all in fun.

Couldn't agree more!!!!
Dave you're no longer pulling a small fiberglass trailer and you drive a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. You may conserve on water but you use a lot of fuel. Lots of pollution.
Sorry but that kind of nonsense probably gets some peoples blood boiling.

float5 08-18-2014 03:14 PM

People who backpack often do so because they can. They are likely to be young and in good shape. And, I am guessing that many do not have the money to buy an RV. The age groups owning RVs vs. backpacking would be two different ones. Many of those who are in RVs used to backpack and tent. Some still do a little maybe. But those are generally different groups of people by physical ability and income.

The same is probably true of RVs. While we are so much better with our smaller lightweight trailers and less gas-guzzling, how much is a matter of income? If you had $200,000 lying around to buy an RV, would you have an Escape? Many people probably cannot answer that truthfully. And would you be doing the same if you were older.

J Mac 08-18-2014 03:16 PM

Floating Cloud you are making a lot of assumptions here.

PGDriver 08-18-2014 03:17 PM

The only thing that really bugs me is when someone cuts through my campsite and doesn't pour me a glass of wine. :eek:

daveandsandyclink 08-18-2014 03:22 PM

When I was younger, I used to backpack hike/camp and swear off RV camping. That was before I got too old to sleep on hard, cold, hot, or wet ground. I hear your argument about my style of camping now. Not much defense in this camp! But I feel I can still be conservative especially surrounded by 35' or 40' trailers and motor homes. Our 5.0 SA is as big as it gets period! My 9 year old truck is used exclusively for towing our RV and other things I need power and torque for. It gets better towing fuel economy with the 5.0 in tow than most towing imports. It has a comfortable back seat to haul my tree hugger friends while we are out camping together. And like my microwave/generator, they wouldn't have one but they sure don't mind using it in the woods.

gbaglo 08-18-2014 03:22 PM

If I had all the money in the world, I'd buy a $600,000 motorhome and push it off a cliff.
I'm camping, not parking.

dave macrae 08-18-2014 03:27 PM

I will offer my observations of when I hiked the Berg Lake trail @ Mount Robson this summer. Its a busy trail @ the Hargraves Cabin there are some where between 20 and 30 tent pads, I would guess the avergae age up there was well over 30. I am 38 and found lots and I mean lots who were considerably older that me up there. So I suspect the age thing isn't really that much of a factor.

azjack 08-18-2014 03:38 PM

Camping accessory

I guess I'll have to call my trailer a parker now. Nancy already calls her self a Glamper, as in glamour camping complete with three chandeliers, oops I mean glamour parking. Seriously I gave up camping when I quit boy scouts and we now just travel with our own bed and a place for the dog to sleep.
Jack