Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   General Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/)
-   -   Rally in May - motel (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/rally-in-may-motel-4799.html)

EDarby 11-08-2014 07:16 PM

Rally in May - motel

Hi Everyone,
I am planning on going to the rally the end of May but won't have my Escape until October. Will fly from Cleveland.
Does anyone have any recommendations for motels (reasonably priced and close to the rally)?
Thanks!

Donna D. 11-08-2014 07:40 PM

Get a YURT stay with the rest of us!

C&G in FL 11-08-2014 07:53 PM

The problem with a yurt is, according to the web site, you need to bring bedding. That could be difficult if flying, considering you need to also bring clothing.

Ron in BC 11-08-2014 08:07 PM

We do Cruise America deliveries once in a while. It's about $100 for them to supply bedding. We just finished one that required quite warm bedding because of the altitude. We have no difficulty fitting it in one suitcase. Osoyoss at the end of May requires very little bulky warm bedding.

Considering you're a fair distance away it might be a once in a lifetime event. Hope you can make it.

Ron

EDarby 11-08-2014 08:15 PM

Awwww, thanks everyone. Yeah, I really do want to make it. I've just got to get this all figured out. Vancouver's the closest airport to Osoyoss, right?

flatpick 11-08-2014 08:19 PM

sleeping bag in a checked duffle. I do it all the time, big deal.

steve

Donna D. 11-08-2014 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just did a quick and dirty of Mapquest. This may give you a better idea of the Escape Rally vs ETI manufacturing vs Vancouver...

ETI is at A, Escape Rally is at B

gbaglo 11-08-2014 08:51 PM

Five and a half hours by car, if you drive like me ( not fast ).
Penticton has an airport so you could, I suppose, fly to Vancouver, to Penticton, and rent a car, drive an hour ( or so ) to Osoyoos.
Then, you could just buy a sleeping bag at the Home Hardware, downtown.
I think getting to the rally could be an ordeal.

EDarby 11-08-2014 09:04 PM

Thanks flatpick and gbaglo, really appreciate the input!
Things are lookin' up. The flight to Vancouver was almost $1,000.00 and a 4-1/2 hour drive to Osoyoos. Donna D. suggested Spoken, WA and there's a flight for $492 and a 3-1/2 hour drive. Yup, lookin' up. :)

rbryan4 11-08-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDarby (Post 72652)
Awwww, thanks everyone. Yeah, I really do want to make it. I've just got to get this all figured out. Vancouver's the closest airport to Osoyoss, right?

You could fly into Kelowna, which would be about 135 clicks from Osoyoos. MUCH closer than YVR. From Cleveland it would be Chicago - Seattle - Kelowna. Bonus also is that customs in a small airport like Kelowna would be alot quicker than a big airport like Vancouver. It took about 40 minutes for me to clear customs in Vancouver a few weeks ago.