Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   General Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/)
-   -   Price of fuel (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/price-of-fuel-4972.html)

Loren & Cathy 01-01-2015 04:45 PM

Price of fuel

Trailer owners and members on this forum live and travel all across North America. It would be interesting for members on this forum to occasionally post what the price of fuel is in their area. I don't think the price of fuel would be a deal breaker on a trip for anyone of us but it would be kind of a heads up. This last fall on our trip to Chilliwack the most paid for gas was $4.09 in Bellingham, Wa. and the cheapest was $3.31 here at home. As we went west the price of gas had a steady climb. Today gas is $1.89 and diesel $2.89 Loren

gbaglo 01-01-2015 04:48 PM

Go here: GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada for up to date gas prices.

Also can get an app for your phone there.

Brian B-P 01-01-2015 05:02 PM

There are predictable geographic patterns to fuel prices, and the reasons for them are interesting to some of us, but I agree that just looking at the listings from GasBuddy (or a similar online source) is the practical way to see what a particular trip is likely to cost.

I use GasBuddy to find the right location to refill on longer trips (e.g. how close do I need to be to Kamloops for a good crossing-BC stop), but within a local area I don't waste time hunting for the deal-of-the-day.

Ron in BC 01-01-2015 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=Loren & Cathy;77928]on our trip to Chilliwack the most paid for gas was $4.09 in Bellingham, Wa. /QUOTE]

And the bad joke is that the Cherry Point refinery is a few minutes away. Same situation in Vancouver. Always amazes me that some locations that require transporting gas a long way have cheaper prices.

Ron

dave macrae 01-03-2015 12:05 PM

paid 71.9 c a litre at Costco in St.Albert today

Loren & Cathy 01-03-2015 01:50 PM

Gas here just dropped another 3 cents to $1.86 and I have never seen it in such a free fall. Just read where the price of crude affects the Canadian dollar which traded down another cent against the US dollar Friday. Some analysts seem to concur that it is headed still lower. The way I understand it, if you haven't turned in your build sheet and a check, ETI can raise the price. I would think Reace is going to feel the pinch one of these days. Loren

dave macrae 01-03-2015 01:56 PM

I would suspect he certainly will as a lot of his supplies must come from the USA

Jim Bennett 01-03-2015 02:30 PM

I just hope the cost of crude goes up soon. While it is nice to pay less at the pumps, I would MUCH rather have my investments, and potential for work go up too. This low crude price does not bode well for keeping my retirement reasonably close.

As well, it will drive down house prices a lot. Maybe I should start selling off some real estate holdings soon, before it does drop much. :(

PGDriver 01-03-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bennett (Post 78019)
I just hope the cost of crude goes up soon. While it is nice to pay less at the pumps, I would MUCH rather have my investments, and potential for work go up too. This low crude price does not bode well for keeping my retirement reasonably close.

As well, it will drive down house prices a lot. Maybe I should start selling off some real estate holdings soon, before it does drop much. :(

Hang in there Jim the price can't stay low forever. My oil investments are coming up already. Even Crescent Point Energy.:)

Doug

Jim Bennett 01-03-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGDriver (Post 78022)
Hang in there Jim the price can't stay low forever. My oil investments are coming up already. Even Crescent Point Energy.:)

Doug

Yeah, just some have a ways to go, is all. ;)