Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners helping each other (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/)
-   -   Water pressure (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/water-pressure-5316.html)

gbaglo 03-23-2015 05:01 PM

Water pressure

Attached my food safe water hose ( with pressure reduction valve ) to the city water inlet to flush out anti-freeze and fill water heater.
Opened water heater relief valve for a while to ensure it was full. Ran outside shower and pressure seem OK ( from recollection ). However the kitchen sink faucet pressure was poor, both hot and cold.
I removed the aerator and made sure it wasn't plugged, but water pressure hasn't improved.
Any suggestions?

Note: fresh water is still empty and haven't run pump yet.

Jim Bennett 03-23-2015 05:06 PM

Did you try it without the regulator, maybe it is not functioning properly.

float5 03-23-2015 05:09 PM

We had a regulator go bad so that might be it. Hope you do not have your lines inside the trailer leaking anywhere.

gbaglo 03-23-2015 05:10 PM

Didn't. I'm wary because the tap I connect to is direct to the mains, before the house pressure valve. I'll give it a go tomorrow if the sun comes out again.

gbaglo 03-23-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floating Cloud (Post 86878)
We had a regulator go bad so that might be it. Hope you do not have your lines inside the trailer leaking anywhere.

Had a look around with a flashlight, under the sink. Should check under the bench. Something to do tomorrow.

float5 03-23-2015 05:21 PM

Don't know what your regulator looks like but we could see ours was bad on it.

Suppose it could be air, air, air. We often run our pump a long time getting the air out.

gbaglo 03-23-2015 05:42 PM

I haven't filled the fresh water tank so I've not run the pump. I had the water heater relief valve open for several minutes so figure it should be full.
Think I'll just get a new regulator and fill tank, run pump, make sure bypass valves are fully open, etc.

Jim Bennett 03-23-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbaglo (Post 86879)
Didn't. I'm wary because the tap I connect to is direct to the mains, before the house pressure valve. I'll give it a go tomorrow if the sun comes out again.

Maybe run it into the house somewhere. A pressure regulator is a rare thing around here, as the pressure is quite evenly regulated throughout the city (to my knowledge) and hooking to any tap is fine.

J Mac 03-23-2015 05:46 PM

You didn't mention that you re-opened the hot water by-pass under the rear drivers side bench. Would that have any thing to do with it?

Ron in BC 03-23-2015 05:51 PM

OK, I admit it, I haven't look at the water system diagram. Is it general agreement that even though the water tank is empty that there should still full pressure at the kitchen taps? Is there any chance the reduced flow is because the water tank is also filling at the same time?

Ron