Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f38/)
-   -   RMD 8555 Two Door Fridge - performance stats (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f38/rmd-8555-two-door-fridge-performance-stats-5501.html)

rbryan4 04-25-2015 04:30 PM

RMD 8555 Two Door Fridge - performance stats

At the suggestion of several forum members I'm creating a new thread to post performance numbers for the RMD8555 two door.

It is currently 91F here at the Bluebonnet Rally. The fridge side of the trailer is in direct sunlight.

Current fridge temp: 36.5 degrees
Fridge settings: running on AC (auto), set to 4 out of 5.

Pretty pleased with it.

KarenB 04-25-2015 04:32 PM

Wow, since we're getting same fridge pretty pleased to hear that....Karen

Bobbito 04-25-2015 05:23 PM

Thanks for starting the thread, Robert. We will be able to contribute to it this summer (if the fridge issue isn't already old news) as we get our Escape 21 soon.

In past threads not everyone gave as much information as you. I think it would be beneficial to suggest they include (or even cut in paste) some standard information and also include any precautions in measuring performance. It could shorten the time it takes to get a handle on whether the problem is fixed. How is this for starters?

Outside temperature (taken in the shade):
Fridge side of trailer was in (Shade or Direct sunlight):
Fridge running on (AC/Propane/DC):
Fridge setting:
Fridge temperature:
Freezer temperature:
Other details:

Note:
Donít report any performance temperatures unless both the fridge and freezer doors have been closed continuously for 30 minutes.

Bob K

padlin 04-25-2015 05:41 PM

I'd be interested in hearing how the fridge makes out on the way home. The only time I had issues with the single door was when we were on the road for hours and it was above 85, worked fine parked. Of course I don't do much hot weather camping. Good thread, need to decide if I should swap.

LeonW 04-25-2015 05:46 PM

Robert,

Thanks much for this information. I think we are going for the two door fridge. It certainly sounds better than the performance we have been getting with the single door.

Leon

rbryan4 04-25-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbito (Post 90813)
Thanks for starting the thread, Robert. We will be able to contribute to it this summer (if the fridge issue isn't already old news) as we get our Escape 21 soon.

In past threads not everyone gave as much information as you. I think it would be beneficial to suggest they include (or even cut in paste) some standard information and also include any precautions in measuring performance. It could shorten the time it takes to get a handle on whether the problem is fixed. How is this for starters?

Outside temperature (taken in the shade):
Fridge side of trailer was in (Shade or Direct sunlight):
Fridge running on (AC/Propane/DC):
Fridge setting:
Fridge temperature:
Freezer temperature:
Other details:

Note:
Donít report any performance temperatures unless both the fridge and freezer doors have been closed continuously for 30 minutes.

Bob K

I like it!

rbryan4 04-25-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padlin (Post 90815)
I'd be interested in hearing how the fridge makes out on the way home. The only time I had issues with the single door was when we were on the road for hours and it was above 85, worked fine parked. Of course I don't do much hot weather camping. Good thread, need to decide if I should swap.

Although I didn't measure precisely when it was hot out, we did tow through southern Idaho when the outside temps were about 86F. Upon arriving at our campground the fridge temp was around 36.

rbryan4 04-25-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonW (Post 90816)
Robert,

Thanks much for this information. I think we are going for the two door fridge. It certainly sounds better than the performance we have been getting with the single door.

Leon

I would definitely change it out, especially if Dometic is covering the cost of the new one. I have no proof for my theory, but I believe the freezer being isolated from the fridge is beneficial to the performance. Also, perhaps with the fridge door being smaller it seals better?

Klem 04-25-2015 09:05 PM

I expect the worst performance to be parked, on propane and no air conditioner.

It would be interesting to add air conditioner "on" or "off" and inside temperature to your list.

cpaharley2008 04-26-2015 06:13 AM

I saw two of the new units in Townsend, Tn rally. One had already lost it's freezer door and was waiting for a part. Other than that issue there were no complaints on performance. The backside is entirely different than the single door. My single still worked fine on propane and electric on setting "3" which was 38 and -3. This is the dilemma this issue is creating, what are some of the pitfalls of the new unit vs the old ones.