Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f21/)
-   -   Water Hoses (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f21/water-hoses-5598.html)

Chapitre 05-13-2015 03:23 PM

Water Hoses

Just wondering what others are using.
We've bought 2 - camco water hoses and they both ended up leaking/dripping at the brass fittings.
Any suggestions?

techfan 05-13-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapitre (Post 92639)
We've bought 2 - camco water hoses and they both ended up leaking/dripping at the brass fittings.
Any suggestions?

We REALLY like the blue ones with the heavy hose fittings and the spring reinforced area on each end. These have not leaked and they are replacements for about 3 sets of the white ones. I believe these are also Camco, but called premium hoses, or some such thing. Again, easy to spot. They are blue hoses with chromed fittings and heavy springs at each end and they are water safe.

rbryan4 05-13-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapitre (Post 92639)
Any suggestions?

Are they leaking through the crimps or do they just need the washers replaced? You could get a higher quality hose like a Gilmour, that has nickel plated fittings and a 7 year warranty, but of course, it's more money.

Brian B-P 05-13-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfan (Post 92646)
We REALLY like the blue ones with the heavy hose fittings and the spring reinforced area on each end. These have not leaked and they are replacements for about 3 sets of the white ones. I believe these are also Camco, but called premium hoses, or some such thing. Again, easy to spot. They are blue hoses with chromed fittings and heavy springs at each end and they are water safe.

These ones?
Camco - Premium Drinking Water Hoses

http://www.camco.net/assets/images/p...2843_out_a.png

bdornbush 05-13-2015 05:43 PM

My experience is that any hose can drip if the faucet you are connecting to is worn and/or your hose washer is worn.

techfan 05-13-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian B-P (Post 92663)

Yep. Worth the price. Note the connector that you can put a wrench on if necessary.

Chapitre 05-13-2015 07:45 PM

They look good...maybe will try those.
The ones I am currently using - white cheaper camco do not leak because of the washers, they're fine. they leak between the outside threaded part and the brass crimped part- basically between the two parts.
The blue ones don't appear to be in two parts,
Thanks,

gbaglo 05-13-2015 08:14 PM

I have the white hoses too, and I despise them. I've carefully coiled them and still ended up with crimps in the hose that won't go away.
Are these blue hoses heavy enough that I won't have that problem?

cpaharley2008 05-13-2015 08:47 PM

Yes, the blue ones are a lot better, I'm using both until the white ones fail, which will be soon and then I'll be all blue.

Donna D. 05-13-2015 08:48 PM

You can spend a bazillion dollars on hoses, but there's two connections you really can't control. The plastic city water connection at the trailer and the city water hose bib. IF you cross thread the plastic connection on your trailer... even a little bit, you're screwed. And the bib hose connection.. a million folks have used that before you.

So.. what can you do? I purchased one of these for the trailer: RVH2O - KwikLink, Home Page You screw it on once... and you're done. The quick connect takes care of the water hose, brass fittings/stainless steel fittings doesn't matter because you only hook it up once. The other end? Carry extra washers.. ahead of the water regulator and hope for the best.