Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Trips and Travel Planning (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f39/)
-   -   Escaping to Newfoundland (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f39/escaping-to-newfoundland-6209.html)

D&R_SC 08-11-2015 06:17 PM

Escaping to Newfoundland

Tomorrow we will board the ferry in North Sydney, NS bound for 6-weeks in Newfoundland. We have ferry reservations for tomorrow and for our return on September 24. Otherwise, we plan to wing it.

We have gotten quite a bit of advice from Norm & Ginny, frequent forum contributors, and another couple as to places and things to see and do. We've been told NL is the friendliest and safest place in North America.

David & Rosemary

cpaharley2008 08-11-2015 06:25 PM

Pictures, we want pictures....

Cmellon 08-11-2015 06:57 PM

Look forward to hearing all the details. We are hoping to do the same in 2017...post retirement:-)

escape artist 08-11-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D&R_MA (Post 105303)
Tomorrow we will board the ferry in North Sydney, NS bound for 6-weeks in Newfoundland. We have ferry reservations for tomorrow and for our return on September 24. Otherwise, we plan to wing it.

We have gotten quite a bit of advice from Norm & Ginny, frequent forum contributors, and another couple as to places and things to see and do. We've been told NL is the friendliest and safest place in North America.

David & Rosemary

Hi: D&R_MA... "Stay where you're at and we'll come where your too"!!! That trip is on our "Bucket List". This winter we're going to stay in North Central Florida then coast over to Gulf Shores Alabama. To do the NFLD crossing next year we'd have to cut our winter stay even shorter than we are due to the "Losing Looney"!!! Enjoy the ride. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie;)

yardsale 08-11-2015 07:40 PM

Didn't take the trailer over there (too expensive) but Newfoundland was spectacular. The hike up Gros Morne is one of my top 3 hikes ever. Minimum casual conversation with a Newfie is 20 minutes--- they are friendly!

cpaharley2008 08-11-2015 07:43 PM

I'm not too keen on that ferry ride, so I'm planning on going to Cape Breton Island, which is via a bridge, not ferry. Hopefully next year.....Cabot Trail...

yardsale 08-11-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 105320)
I'm not too keen on that ferry ride, so I'm planning on going to Cape Breton Island, which is via a bridge, not ferry. Hopefully next year.....Cabot Trail...

The ferry is easy enough. The boat is so large you don't even realze you have driven aboard. Expensive though, and you won't be allowed to stay in your trailer or even visit it duing the voyage.

cpaharley2008 08-11-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardsale (Post 105322)
The ferry is easy enough. The boat is so large you don't even realze you have driven aboard. Expensive though, and you won't be allowed to stay in your trailer or even visit it duing the voyage.

Franklin and Hershey would not like that....

skiman 08-11-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardsale (Post 105322)

So how expensive is it? :cool:

gbaglo 08-11-2015 09:11 PM

Mortgage expensive.