Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   General Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/)
-   -   Screen Door Tattoo (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/screen-door-tattoo-6489.html)

Dash 09-21-2015 04:07 PM

Screen Door Tattoo

2 Attachment(s)
Finally "embroidered" a butterfly tattoo onto the screen door to prevent us from walking into it on occasion. Hope this works. Anyone else have remedies for this wee problem?
Attachment 13215

Attachment 13216

We love our Escape 19!!!!

memobug 09-21-2015 06:19 PM

Looks very nice! If you know any symbols that will stop a speeding Chihuahua, please let me know. The only good news is she usually just knocks the screen off the lower track and I get to play pick up Legos.

Jim Bennett 09-21-2015 06:28 PM

It seems a few people have found need for something to warn, though in 6 years, only our dog tried to go through it, and only made that mistake once, as he is now very cautious. It wasn't even his fault. I called him to come not realizing my wife had closed the screen. He knows not to pass through a doorway without permission.

I like the butterfly, it looks great regardless of the reason it went up. :)
My wife used to do crossstitch, I bet she could come up with something neat for ours.

Jim Bennett 09-21-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memobug (Post 111506)
If you know any symbols that will stop a speeding Chihuahua, please let me know.

I know of no symbols, but a strongly voiced command should take care of it. ;)

float5 09-21-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memobug (Post 111506)
Looks very nice! If you know any symbols that will stop a speeding Chihuahua, please let me know. The only good news is she usually just knocks the screen off the lower track and I get to play pick up Legos.

Any symbol will work --- just need it at dog eye level!

That is a very nice butterfly. Others need one lower for kids and dogs.

Donna D. 09-21-2015 08:03 PM

One of the best screen door tatoos I've seen over the years, was one created by Dave&Kathie. They put their grandkids hands into paint and pressed those handprints on the screen. Totally cool, for both the grandparents and the kids! I'll search for that thread...

gabeck 09-21-2015 09:34 PM

That just looks so nice it doesn't even need a reason to be there !

Sandra L 09-21-2015 09:38 PM

That was a great idea. But before I saw theirs, I got a stencil and glitter sprayed it. It was centered from a bit above my eye level to almost floor level. This was after the dog and I ran into it more times than I care to admit. I would not recommend glitter spray paint. Although now it doesn't shed anymore.;D
I have also seen threaded designs as well.

KarenH 09-21-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra L (Post 111533)
I would not recommend glitter spray paint. Although now it doesn't shed anymore.;D

I declared my house a glitter-free house over ten years ago and I still find a particle once in a while. Ugh.

Dash 09-22-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D. (Post 111521)
One of the best screen door tatoos I've seen over the years, was one created by Dave&Kathie. They put their grandkids hands into paint and pressed those handprints on the screen. Totally cool, for both the grandparents and the kids! I'll search for that thread...

I LOVE this idea!!! Might have to change mine once my grandchild is old enough to do this.