Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners helping each other (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/)
-   -   Refrigerator not working and photos of Camano (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/refrigerator-not-working-and-photos-of-camano-6693.html)

EDarby 10-28-2015 04:53 PM

Refrigerator not working and photos of Camano

3 Attachment(s)
Houston, I've got a problem. Never turned on refrigerator until I arrived at Camano Island State Park. Seemed to take a long time for things to cool down. Actually, they never really did.

Day before yesterday I bought a refrigerator thermometer. I'm in the "Danger Zone." Threw out chicken I had purchased.

Trailer is level.

I will take my thermometer to the camp hosts (no one else is in the park) and ask them to put in their refrigerator, just to check the reading. Actually, that will only help for the future but just curious.

So . . . before I contact ETI, does anyone have any suggestions?

Other than that, everything is fantastic. I lucked into the most awesome site sitting over Puget Sound with a perfect view of heavenliness.

There are Orcas, Humpbacks and porpoises that go through here. Haven't seen any yet but did see two beautiful eagles glide oh-so-slowly past this morning.

C&G in FL 10-28-2015 04:57 PM

Ellen, not to be insulting but what are you running on, 110v, 12v, or propane? And how many bars are you set at. You should have it set to 5 bars.

EDarby 10-28-2015 05:02 PM

No insult taken! I'm running on propane and it is set at 5 bars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C&G in FL (Post 116275)
Ellen, not to be insulting but wag at are you running on, 110v, 12v, or propane? And how many bars are you set at. You should have it set to 5 bars.

C&G in FL 10-28-2015 05:04 PM

Did you try it on 110v, or 12v if you have solar?

skiman 10-28-2015 05:04 PM

Detail will help. On propane, electric? Other info? Even when working well takes overnight to cool down. Longer if warm food. Are the fins cold?

KarenH 10-28-2015 05:04 PM

I suspect that time is on your side. Most of us plug our empty refers in the night before embarking on a trip and then stock it with cold (and frozen) food.

BCnomad 10-28-2015 05:08 PM

Propane stove works?

Battery cutoff switch "up"?

EDarby 10-28-2015 05:10 PM

No electric available. Not at the site now -- went into town to use Starbucks' wifi. Will try on 12V but in a rush to get this perfect site, didn't notice that it is completely covered with trees, plus it's has rained most every day. Reading got down to 11. Am a little nervous about running the refrigerator on 12V under the circumstances. Do you know the lowest reading it is safe to get down to with solar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by C&G in FL (Post 116279)
Did you try it on 110v, or 12v if you have solar?

EDarby 10-28-2015 05:11 PM

On propane. It's been on for a couple of days now. Haven't checked the fins. Will do that when I get back to the site. Thanks, Carl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiman (Post 116280)
Detail will help. On propane, electric? Other info? Even when working well takes overnight to cool down. Longer if warm food. Are the fins cold?

EDarby 10-28-2015 05:12 PM

That makes sense, Karen. I stocked with almost all room temp foods. But still, it's been a few days already. ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenH (Post 116281)
I suspect that time is on your side. Most of us plug our empty refers in the night before embarking on a trip and then stock it with cold (and frozen) food.