Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f32/)
-   -   Hello From Fremont, Ca. (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f32/hello-from-fremont-ca-6798.html)

Steve Clark 11-22-2015 09:12 AM

Hello From Fremont, Ca.

Hi All, After extensive research, Debbie and I decided on a 21 in August. Our delivery date is August '16.
We've done a lot of tent camping over the years, and for a 5 year period in the late 80's, owned an older Airstream. I have been an avid reader of this forum since August, and I want to thank everybody for their contributions. I have learned so much, and I'm sure the education is just beginning.
I will continue to be an avid reader, and maybe when our build date is closer and my experience level increases, I will even make a few posts. Until then, thanks to everyone for their generosity of sharing and thoughtful explanations.

Steve and Debbie Clark

CADreamin 11-22-2015 09:50 AM

Welcome Steve and Debbie - You'll find there are a number of Escape owners around the Bay Area (we're in Santa Cruz). Have fun reading through the forum posts and, when you have questions (and you will), just ask ... you'll find lots of helpful answers here.

cpaharley2008 11-22-2015 10:00 AM

WELcome Steve and Debbie,
Have you seen an Escape? If you ask Escape they will put you in touch with some owners in your area, seeing one will and can answer a lot of questions. Also what will be your tug? I have the 14th Escape 21 made....

float5 11-22-2015 10:54 AM

How do you know you had the 14th? Guess they told you that. Don't think we can go by unit number as that would include all models.

float5 11-22-2015 10:55 AM

Welcome, Steve and Debbie! Our 21' is great so I am sure you will like yours. You probably know just what you want in it after your Airstream. That makes it somewhat easier although there are a lot of choices to be made! You may be surprised at how a year is not enough!

Jim Bennett 11-22-2015 11:25 AM

Congrats on your order, Steve and Debbie. Lots of good fun ahead of you, both in the planning of your trailer, and then getting to use it. :)

Sandra L 11-22-2015 11:39 AM

Welcome to another Californian! You've made a good choice.;)

EDarby 11-22-2015 12:08 PM

Congratulations Steve and Debbie! Excited for you -- it will be a fun year of planning!!!

drpaddle 11-22-2015 12:14 PM

Welcome to the forum, S&D, from former Fremont citizens. You are going to love your 21.

Steve Clark 11-22-2015 01:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the fine welcome!

We have seen two Escapes in person. Bill and Jennifer Dornbush of Santa Rosa and Fletch and Pam Dobbs of San Jose were kind enough to show and answer all of our questions. I had been leaning toward an Escape for months, but seeing two in person sealed the deal for both Debbie and I.
We are planning on most of the options, including the U-Shaped dinette/lounge, and have benefitted greatly from the posts, pictures, and suggestions here on the forum.

We look forward to joining both the more local San Francisco Bay Area family and the ever growing North America Escape family......Oh Yeah, We have a 2015 Ford Explorer V-6 with Factory Tow Package and a 5000 lb. cap. We will be near the limit, but we think doable.

Cheers