Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f17/)
-   -   2016, Oct 6-9: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f17/2016-oct-6-9-fall-nog-northern-oregon-gathering-6998.html)

Donna D. 01-11-2016 07:35 PM

2016, Oct 6-9: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering

3 Attachment(s)
As a group we had decided to go to Cape Lookout. Saturday (1/9) Kathie (Dave&Kathie) and I took a day road trip to the park. Most of it is closed for the season, so we first drove around and looked several times, then walked what was closed. The only loops that would be suitable for a NOG were A and B loops, all tent sites, no services. But, we thought it would work. Yesterday I found out the state closes those loops on Sept. 30. There were no other sites in the open loops that would hold the Friday night gathering or pot luck. All the sites are small, most are in the trees and dark. While I may camp at Cape Lookout in the future, we won't be holding a NOG there.

So since everyone wants to go back to the beach, the Fall NOG is headed to Nehalem Bay State Park (Manzanita area). 95 miles west of Portland on Hwy 101. We were last there in the fall of 2013.
Attachment 14527

Once you make reservations (or have questions) feel free to post here, FiberglassRV or the CasitaForum... please don't post the same info in all three places... I have a short memory :laugh: .

Nehalem Bay State Park rates are $29 for electric & water per day. Make reservations through ReserveAmerica or call ReserveAmerica at 1-800-452-5687 (during regular business hours).

As usual, I'll keep a park map updated and a list of participants going for those that have made reservations on the CasitaForum. I've chosen site A14.
Attachment 14528

Check out the site pics Nehalem Bay State Park Campground - Photos, Information, and Reviews

Click for brochure: http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cf..._bay102700.pdf

We'll fill in details about the doin's when we get closer to October.

Ready, Set, GO!

Link to topic on the Casita Forum with participants list and map: 2016, Oct 6-9: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Casita Travel Trailer Forum

gbaglo 01-11-2016 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Loved Nehalem back in 2009.

Anne H 01-12-2016 09:49 AM

Good research guys! Thanks for checking up. Nehalem is always a great choice!

Dave&Kathie 01-12-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne H (Post 123961)
Good research guys! Thanks for checking up. Nehalem is always a great choice!

Thanks Anne, hope you are coming with that new 19! Can't wait to see it.

;) Kathie

PS We will be in A22. That's where we were at the last NOG there. Our 21 was in the build stage and we had sold the Casita. We borrowed our son's 13ft Scamp - not used to having an ice chest, left it outside overnight - you guessed it, the raccoons made off with everything except the salad!

tractors1 01-12-2016 12:41 PM

Charlie & Cathryn will be in A27. Nehalem is our favorite "close runaway" park.

drpaddle 01-12-2016 01:15 PM

We're going to be at Nehalem Bay SP in July, and will be happy to return in October! We got site A19 Thursday - Monday. :eggrv:

NW Cat Owner 01-12-2016 01:32 PM

So, what are the chances of getting our trailer in time for this? It's due Dec 28th, but I've read about others that got theirs earlier than originally planned.

Will the campground fill up for this rally and I should reserve a spot just in case? I'd love to go with a new trailer. Need to find out if they take payment in full ahead of time, I guess.

What to do, what to do, what to do? Ack!

CADreamin 01-12-2016 01:40 PM

Not sure I would count on it being two, nearly three, months early. They do, however, have Yurts at Nehalem.

tractors1 01-12-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner (Post 123990)
So, what are the chances of getting our trailer in time for this? It's due Dec 28th, but I've read about others that got theirs earlier than originally planned.

Will the campground fill up for this rally and I should reserve a spot just in case? I'd love to go with a new trailer. Need to find out if they take payment in full ahead of time, I guess.

What to do, what to do, what to do? Ack!

You could reserve early (and pay) then if things don't schedule out for you and you had to cancel, you'd only lose $8 (reservation fee.) I've had to do that a few time when issues came up that prevented me from going. The NOGs do tend to have a LOT of attendees.

Donna D. 01-12-2016 07:24 PM

OR, you could just wait and see how things pan out for you Jan. Inevitably we have folks that need to cancel just before the NOG and if your trailer is ready you could snag one of the cancelling sites. But, you do take your chances.