Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Cyber Campfire (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f41/)
-   -   It was too good to last.... (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f41/it-was-too-good-to-last-7044.html)

cpaharley2008 01-20-2016 08:29 AM

It was too good to last....

the warm winter weather, wearing shorts at Christmas time, now we are supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow Friday/Saturday/Sunday, possibly more.
Time to gas up snow blower and tighten down BlackJack's hatches.

thoer 01-20-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 124866)
the warm winter weather, wearing shorts at Christmas time, now we are supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow Friday/Saturday/Sunday, possibly more.

Good luck Jim - our seemingly warm one ended in snowstorms followed by below 0 weather.

pstyer 01-20-2016 09:14 AM

Lake effect snow!

I chuckle when hearing about "big" snow storms. We live south of Lake Erie and receive tons of snow compared to the rest of the country. This picture was taken yesterday at my friends house. He received this amount of snow in just over 24 hours!

pstyer 01-20-2016 09:17 AM

Lake effect snow!

1 Attachment(s)
Let's try this again, with the picture!

escape artist 01-20-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 124866)

Hi: cpaharley2008... It ain't snowin' here in SW Fla. but it can't be far away. Don't get me wrong... I like ice... in my drinks!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie;) just glad I'm not there right now!!!:cool:

Iowa Dave 01-20-2016 10:36 AM

We lived east of Cleveland at one time and I remember going to a maple syrup festival near Chardon OH. They average about a hundred inches of snow a year which does not make them any kind of a snow champion but is a lot more than we get here in Eastern Iowa. There were a lot of nurseries in that country and around Cleveland because they average about 48 inches of precip a year and have good soil and not too cold in the winter. The old man used to say on an average run of weather in the winter "Every one of these counts off."
Dave

pstyer 01-20-2016 11:05 AM

Lake effect snow!

The picture was taken in Sinclairville, NY.
The entire south shore of Lake Erie, from Cleveland to Buffalo, gets snow storms like this. The one good thing about Lake Erie is that it freezes over almost every year. This ice cover turns the lake effect snow machine off. Areas downwind of Lake Ontario and Lake Superior that get more snow than this.

sturski 01-20-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstyer (Post 124872)
I chuckle when hearing about "big" snow storms.

Same, I'm thinking "wimps".

100" so far this year, more at some ski areas.

Vermilye 01-20-2016 11:14 AM

In February, 2007, we had over 6' of snow in what was called the SuperBowl storm. A nearby town had over 12' during the same week. Some photos about 1/2 way down this page.

BCnomad 01-20-2016 12:09 PM

I have green grass here in O.

No rhubarb though.