Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (
-   General Escape (
-   -   Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016? (

Richard in Georgia 03-13-2016 02:22 PM

Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016?
Hi, all -
My wife and I are 98% sure we want to buy an Escape Travel trailer. We've previewed the Escape 19 and are planning to visit the factory in May 11.
I understand that April 1 Escape will start accepting orders for the 2017 production season. Two percent of me would like to place our order at the factory (I'd like to see the 5.0TA to be sure I want the 19)

Will that be too late? Will Escape sell capacity by then? Your thoughts?

paulw 03-13-2016 02:32 PM

Maybe put a deposit on a production slot in April and confirm the model in May at the factory?

gbaglo 03-13-2016 02:35 PM

ETI is increasing capacity, but only they would know what the pressure will be.
I'd be ready to call April 1, even if you aren't ready to make a final decision.

BCnomad 03-13-2016 02:41 PM

If I was giving myself advice, I'd say 5 things:

- be real clear about the deposit that is non-refundable (if you hit the 2% for SOB)

- be ready for exchange rate volatility (seems to change every time someone sneezes in OPEC)

- my trailer must be ready by X date

- 2017 model or 2016 model (if given choice?)

- one used to be able to switch order from model to model, with subsequent birthdate change. I assume they still do that, but you know what assuming leads to.

Good luck whatever you do. Have a build sheet in mind, in case you get a chance for an early build.

thoer 03-13-2016 02:42 PM

My guess is that 4/1 will be a huge sales day for ETI but that there will still be plenty of open dates after it. I think that Reace is looking to double production capacity

NW Cat Owner 03-13-2016 02:55 PM


Originally Posted by BCnomad (Post 132094)
If I was giving myself advice, I'd say 5 things:

- 2017 model or 2016 model (if given choice?)

My understanding is that all orders taken on April 1st and thereafter will be for the 2017 version, which will be unveiled on March 24th.

Those getting their trailers pretty soon (such as Nathan in June) aren't able to get the 2017 version since they won't be ready for production by then. However, those with a later date (such as ourselves) can choose between a 2016 or 2017 version. It'll be interesting to find out what the cutoff date will be for someone getting to choose which version they want.

I'd suggest that you keep hitting refresh on ETI's site for their production schedule (and hopefully their site won't crash; it was down the other day). Hopefully one of the crew will be updating that throughout the day. If you see that the dates are getting pushed back farther and farther, give 'em a call.

In the meanwhile, contact ETI to see if there's anyone in your area that would be willing to show you their trailer. Tell ETI the areas you can drive to, such as AL, northern FL, SC, etc. and go from there. That way you could hopefully decide with 100% certainty before April 1st.

We were in the same percentile before we saw our first Escapes in person. We now have one on order. And I'm accumulating a huge pile of stuff for it. Thank goodness we have room in the attic! (for now - HA!)

Good luck with your decision.

Brian B-P 03-13-2016 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by paulw (Post 132091)
Maybe put a deposit on a production slot in April and confirm the model in May at the factory?

Although details for the build sheet (options and factory customizations) don't need to be finalized until long after ordering, I don't think you can get a specific production slot without choosing a model. At least in the way the factory worked a few years ago, the production cycle is specific to the model - presumably due to managing the use of the moulds - so a slot allocated to one model cannot arbitrarily be changed to another model.

Donna D. 03-13-2016 03:22 PM

Yep, start working on the build sheet, even if you don't have the official one in hand. It won't matter which trailer you end up deciding to buy. For instance, you may know whether or not you want custom upholstery and Formica.... solar is solar, you either want it or not. I can't think of too many things on the build sheet that don't transfer between models... electric plug placement... maybe.

BCnomad 03-13-2016 03:44 PM

Absolutely Laura couldn't agree more. I was referring to the small small chance of getting a calendar year 2016 completion date. As Brian expanded on.

Jim Bennett 03-13-2016 03:47 PM


Originally Posted by BCnomad (Post 132094)
- 2017 model or 2016 model (if given choice?)

As Laura alluded to, there will be no choice, you will be ordering a 2017 April 1st. Only those with a 2016 order can upgrade as soon as the moulds (and Escape) is ready.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.