Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   General Escape (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/)
-   -   2017 17' questions answers (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7/2017-17-questions-answers-7802.html)

Mucram 05-09-2016 07:53 PM

2017 17' questions answers

Reviewing build sheet & formulating questions for Krista. Went to website & see a new to me brochure on the 17a (only one available). It shows some things on option are now standard.
Exterior hatch
Upper brake signal lights
28 gal fresh water

Hope this is accurate for the 17b as I could save some$$ on options.

A few questions...
What was cost of reorienting stove top?
How much difference really is there between/ 3 cf vs 4 cf refer?
Is fresh water tank easy to fill? (Scamp is not)
My build sheet shows lots of variable costs under subtotal. I assume these are Canadian taxes? Would not apply to us customer as we would pay sales tax upon registration in our state?
I have what I believe is a 4-5" drop on my hitch. Will this work for p/u of new escape? (I tow a 89 16' scamp w 2012 4Runner.
Any recent problems w detachable power cord?
What is the battery isolator switch?
Sorry for all the questions but appreciate any help until I can reach my sales rep! My list of questions for her now is up to 35.
Thank you!!
Julie

KarenH 05-09-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mucram (Post 141980)
Any recent problems w detachable power cord?

I don't know that there were any (recent or otherwise) problems with the detachable power cord. It has a locking end (plug in and twist) on it plus a locking ring so if one has problems with hand strength or manipulation, that may be an issue. Having had both, I think it's the cat's meow but others prefer the fixed cord for other reasons. It's just a matter of what works best for the plugger-inner person.

Steven M 05-09-2016 08:19 PM

The cost I got from ETI to reorient the stove from horizontal to vertical was $60 Canadian. That was for a 21 YMMV.

Mucram 05-09-2016 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven M (Post 141985)
The cost I got from ETI to reorient the stove from horizontal to vertical was $60 Canadian. That was for a 21 YMMV.

Thank you!

Mucram 05-09-2016 09:16 PM

Thanks Karen.

Brian B-P 05-09-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

My build sheet shows lots of variable costs under subtotal. I assume these are Canadian taxes? Would not apply to us customer as we would pay sales tax upon registration in our state?

It's really hard to make any guess at that without seeing the relevant part of the sheet. It would seem strange to me for Escape to quote taxes for a U.S. customer.

Brian B-P 05-09-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

I have what I believe is a 4-5" drop on my hitch. Will this work for p/u of new escape? (I tow a 89 16' scamp w 2012 4Runner.

Regardless of the drop of your current ball mount, it is the height above ground which matters. If the Scamp's coupler is lower (likely) or higher (unlikely) than the Escape's, then you need a different ball mount. If you are using a plain ball mount (not a weight-distributing hitch, or some special ball mount such as one of aluminum), then you can just get whatever one turns out to have the right drop on your pickup day... this is a cheap ($20?) and readily available part.

Brian B-P 05-09-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

What is the battery isolator switch?

This switch cuts off most circuits from the battery. It is used when the trailer is in storage, so that things that don't turn off completely (such as the propane detector) don't run the battery down.

NW Cat Owner 05-09-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven M (Post 141985)

They must have increased that price as my build sheet (completed this past January) lists that at 50 bucks.

Yep, they have lines for various Canadian taxes, which varies, depending on where the buyer lives (I imagine), which I thought rather strange as we don't charge taxes by where the buyer lives, but by where the seller is located. Must be a different method in Canada. They've never removed those lines from our build sheet.

We were told the tire levee has to be charged - forget what it was for. Some gov't charge, I suspect. I don't know what the documentation and customization fees are - they're still showing blank on our build sheet.

You'd think they would remove the fees that don't apply since the options you don't purchase are removed. Oh well, not my system! :whistling:

float5 05-09-2016 10:55 PM

You pay what your state charges in tax, each state being different. They also have different ways of figuring it from one state to the next.