Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f31/)
-   -   Posting Photos (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f31/posting-photos-9057.html)

Kent 11-18-2016 09:20 PM

Posting Photos

4 Attachment(s)
Posted these pictures in response to request on how to upload/post photo's in another thread and someone suggested to put in thread of it's own. Put cursor over picture and follow in number order.

gbaglo 11-18-2016 09:28 PM

Thanks.
Now all we need is a visual tutorial on how to search a topic, which has been posted many times. ;D

kvermeulen 11-19-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbaglo (Post 169264)
Thanks.
Now all we need is a visual tutorial on how to search a topic, which has been posted many times. ;D

a lot of us are not on this forum nearly as much as you are, hence we sometimes need a quick refresh on how to do things.

thanks - ken

crnelson 03-21-2017 05:58 PM

Thank you for posting this, I have tried to post pics on this forum and just gave up...I can do it on many other sites, this one not so much! last time i did it of our pick up and the photos were upside dow...so again thanks!!

crnelson 04-24-2017 08:51 PM

I have attempted posting pics and have one ready to go and pics end up sideways or upside down, must be some simple little fix, please enlighten me, thanks, Roberta

rbryan4 04-24-2017 09:17 PM

Roberta, photos taken with a phone contain "metadata". This tells the phone how to orient the photo so it appears right side up. When a photo containing this metadata is uploaded to the forum, the metadata is stripped, because the site doesn't use it.

That means that if the "native" orientation of the photo was not right side up to begin with, and metadata was used to reorient it, the photo won't display properly.

There are a couple of fixes. The first has to do with how you take photos. If possible, try to take photos in landscape mode with the home button of your phone to the right. That way, the photo will be oriented correctly when uploaded with no editing required. The other fix is to upload the photo to a pc, and to open it with a photo editor and rotate it. Then, save and upload to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KarenH 04-24-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryan4 (Post 193766)
There are a couple of fixes.

There is a third fix and that is to load the photo onto the forum and let one of the moderators kindly fix it.

Donna D. 04-24-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenH (Post 193778)
There is a third fix and that is to load the photo onto the forum and let one of the moderators kindly fix it.

I'd hardly call it a fix, but I'm willing to do it if I see something wrong. Rotating pictures, is not a push-a-button solution with the software and is really above my pay grade. :cool: But, I do it anyway...

float5 04-24-2017 10:12 PM

I also have to take photos on the iPad the opposite way of usual, if I want to post them here.

thoer 04-24-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D. (Post 193782)
I'd hardly call it a fix, but I'm willing to do it if I see something wrong. Rotating pictures, is not a push-a-button solution with the software and is really above my pay grade. :cool: But, I do it anyway...

I think you should charge one alcoholic beverage of your choice per picture fix!;)