Escape Trailer Owners Community

Escape Trailer Owners Community (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/)
-   Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f38/)
-   -   Furnace (http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f38/furnace-9295.html)

Kip 01-05-2017 10:39 PM

Furnace

how do you start the furnace in a 21' escape trailer

tractors1 01-05-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kip (Post 175758)

If you have the digital thermostat you push a button to put it in heat mode and then set it to the temp you want. If not, it works similar to a Casita.

KarenH 01-05-2017 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you just have a simple thermostat, there is an on/off tab at the very top right of the panel and a slider tab at the bottom that one moves to control the temperature.

fudge_brownie 01-05-2017 11:16 PM

Some models of the analog thermostat had a very difficult on/off switch. Take the cover off and you will have a better idea of how it functions and apply lots of force.

Dave Walter 01-06-2017 12:03 AM

It is also a good idea to make sure the valves on your propane bottles are opened before trying to use the furnace.

float5 01-06-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kip (Post 175758)

You do not have an Escape and you are just asking? The recent models are sold with a certain thermostat that is not on older models. The newer thermostat has an automatic setting that is usually used ("Au"), and has temperature adjustment settings. You push on the thermostat to operate it. At least ours is that way. Don't know if they are onto another model.

NW Cat Owner 01-06-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by float5 (Post 175775)
You do not have an Escape and you are just asking? The recent models are sold with a certain thermostat that is not on older models. The newer thermostat has an automatic setting that is usually used ("Au"), and has temperature adjustment settings. You push on the thermostat to operate it. At least ours is that way. Don't know if they are onto another model.

I've turned mine on a few times and I've discovered I have to wait a few seconds (or whatever - never timed it) for it to cycle to the next phase. If I get impatient and press it again, it goes to another cycle that I didn't want. We have the heat strip on our furnace so there's also another cycle it goes through.

cpaharley2008 01-06-2017 11:22 AM

The furnace has several safety steps which involve purging the line and checking for proper airflow. All this is done before ignition and heat.

Iowa Dave 01-06-2017 05:45 PM

Getting the heat going

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 175812)
The furnace has several safety steps which involve purging the line and checking for proper airflow. All this is done before ignition and heat.

I used to have oversight on three different large gas fired boilers. Once in a while in cold weather, my phone would be automatically dialed about two in the morning or so. Usually sub zero temps and wind had caused a problem. Boiler out, temp dropping, in a greenhouse. Get dressed, drive ten miles, open the building, accidentally set off burglar alarm, run the diagnostic, refire the boiler, usually did the trick. If not, call the mechical contractor, get boiler going, cycle three times, go back home, two hours of your life you'll never get back. Jeez, waiting for the purge on the Escape furnace don't seem like much. I like retirement.
Dave

steve dunham 01-06-2017 06:16 PM

The 16 ft Scamp and the 16/17 ft Casita both come with a 16,000 btu imput furnace. The Escape 21 comes with a 12,000 btu imput furnace.
Assuming a Standard Escape 21 ( Without the insulation ,thermal window option ) , down to what outside temp will the Escape furnace maintain a 70 deg F interior temperature ?.
I will admit that my 16,000 btu Casita furnace,seems like overkill most of the time but when camping at temps well below zero not so much so.

Will Escape install the 16,000 btu furnace as an option ?

Thanks
Steve D