2022 Tundra - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
This last summer when we were hauling our trailer on a three lane (on our side) divided hi way we were in the slow lane with a semi right beside us on the second lane. There was faster traffic on the left fast lane. Someone on a motorcycle zooms around us in our lane and passes the semi on the right instead of moving to the fast lane . He whips around the semi just as someone in the fast lane was moving over to the center lane in front of the semi, he was within a foot of death and would have been knocked into our lane which may have killed us also.

Be safe out there and pass in the correct lane is the motto.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #42

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Like most conversations about loud pipes the general comments always go that nobody hears them in their cars.

However, if rattling windows from 200 feet away or setting off car alarms is cause by loud Harley pipes I'm quite certain folks can hear them if they simply focus on their surroundings while driving in their nice comfy quiet personal safety bubbles.

Trust me, I forget to put my head on a swivel sometimes while relaxing in my smooth riding quiet twin turbo F150.

Remember, it's just a couple of legs, connected to a fellow human, wrapped around a junk of motorcycle hoping that another human sees or hears them "at that last heart wrenching moment".

Watch out for motorcycles please.

Now back to the Tundra. Sounds like a trend coming with V6 twin turbos.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Well, I'm tired of sitting in my backyard listening to a murder of motorcycles accelerate up the hill on the highway.
Department of Highways put in a noise barrier which amplifies the sound bouncing off it ( riders love that ).
Old 12-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #44

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
As a former rider I always give motorcycles plenty of room n even chat with them at stops. But it’s these idiots on Ninjas that are going 100 plus mph weaving in an out of traffic I have no respect for. I e seen them cause several wrecks n I’ve almost taken out a couple that have cut in front of me n hit their brakes looking back n laughing about it while pointing. Total idiots I pray I never hit one due to their discourteous driving n lack of respect for others around them.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
The 5.x liter V-8 in the Tundra was supposed to be one of the best V-8s made. I'm sorry to see it go. A Tundra owner I met said he had friends who had 400k miles on their Tundras.

Maybe in 2023 Toyota will put that dual-turbo V6 in a Tacoma. Pocket rocket.
Their are already renderings of the 2024 Tacoma and it will be a 4cyl Turbo! Their are pics with a covered up demo beside a new Ranger for comparisons. I saw that on the TFL channel, The Fast Lane truck on YouTube, the best truck channel out there.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:57 PM   #46

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I can only assume when everyone laughed at Ford for moving away from the rumbly V8 power in the world's best selling truck Toyota did not laugh.

I'll bet the Toyota Twin Turbo V-6 will be highly reliable.

I have the 2016 F150 3.5 Twin Turbo and am always impressed by the amount of smooth low RPM (1200-2000) power it delivers. When I run it the 2500 RPM range I'm still amazed.

FWIW, I do miss the V8 rumble!
Challenge, name the Toyota's with Turbo's that were lemons, I can't. I expect the new Tundra to really reliable. I'm waiting for the hybrid version.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #47

Trailer: 2018 None
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouterse View Post
I ordered the 4x4 Platinum in "blueprint" It has a 66" box, 11045 lb tow rating and a 1664 lb payload. Unfortunately in Canada we can't get the power running boards so I'll look for an aftermarket pair.
1664 payload, I'm guessing you got the double cab. Did you get airbags? That blueprint is a stunning color. Will be looking forward to hearing about your experience with the truck.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 sold, 21NE on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
1664 payload, I'm guessing you got the double cab. Did you get airbags? That blueprint is a stunning color. Will be looking forward to hearing about your experience with the truck.
I got the Crewmax short box. No airbags. The adaptive variable suspension (AVS) is not available in Canada.
bouterse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:26 AM   #49

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We have a 2016 Tundra with the V8. That thing has been a very reliable beast. Love it. The interior and controls are comfortable, simple, attractive, and not too elaborate or confusing. Great tow vehicle.

We have a Leer truck cap on the bed. For extra storage we built a platform out of pvc piping that goes over the wheel wells. We place plywood on top of the platform and have instant 2 layers of storage space. The entire apparatus removes easily when needed.
Langley Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #50

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Maybe in 2023 Toyota will put that dual-turbo V6 in a Tacoma. Pocket rocket.
It seems extremely unlikely to me that any manufacturer would offer the same engine in their mid-size truck that they offer as the most powerful engine in their full-size truck. Since the Tacoma will use the same platform as the Tundra (called "TNGA-F") a Tundra engine might fit onto the mounts, but that doesn't make it suitable for the Tacoma; for comparison, Nissan uses the same "F-Alpha" platform for the Titan and Frontier, but none of the significant parts are actually the same and the Frontier isn't available with the engine used in the Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Their are already renderings of the 2024 Tacoma and it will be a 4cyl Turbo!
That seems much more likely, both as the logical Tacoma-sized equivalent to a turbo V6 in the Tundra, and as typical modern automotive practice (including the Ford Ranger and base Chevrolet Silverado, plus many cars and small vans). The only recent turbocharged four-cylinder in production at Toyota is the T24A-FTS (2.4 L) variant of the Dynamic Force series; it is currently used only the Lexus NX 350, but would provide better performance than the current 3.5 L non-turbo V6 in the Tacoma.

But it's all speculation, including anyone's renderings and all of the guesses at "what's under the cover".
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It seems extremely unlikely to me that any manufacturer would offer the same engine in their mid-size truck that they offer as the most powerful engine in their full-size truck. Since the Tacoma will use the same platform as the Tundra (called "TNGA-F") a Tundra engine might fit onto the mounts, but that doesn't make it suitable for the Tacoma; for comparison, Nissan uses the same "F-Alpha" platform for the Titan and Frontier, but none of the significant parts are actually the same and the Frontier isn't available with the engine used in the Titan.

That seems much more likely, both as the logical Tacoma-sized equivalent to a turbo V6 in the Tundra, and as typical modern automotive practice (including the Ford Ranger and base Chevrolet Silverado, plus many cars and small vans). The only recent turbocharged four-cylinder in production at Toyota is the T24A-FTS (2.4 L) variant of the Dynamic Force series; it is currently used only the Lexus NX 350, but would provide better performance than the current 3.5 L non-turbo V6 in the Tacoma.

But it's all speculation, including anyone's renderings and all of the guesses at "what's under the cover".
But remember that Toyota put their 3.5L V6 in their RAV4s for awhile. Talk about a pocket rocket! Only 29 less horsepower than my 69 Camaro V8 that probably weighed 1000 lbs more...
Old 12-29-2021, 04:24 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
But remember that Toyota put their 3.5L V6 in their RAV4s for awhile. Talk about a pocket rocket!
Yup. Scary acceleration in a corner if you weren't hanging tight on to the wheel.