5.0 Hitch Questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
Thank you GDI!

I may regret it but decided to use the rails after looking at the size of the Andersen gooseneck hitch compared with the smaller rail-mount hitch.

Good to hear you have room in front of the hitch. We have a couple generators that should fit there.
Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #22

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Here are some pictures.

PS - empty bed is the most recent, I cleaned the truck bed (it sure needed it!)
So it looks like you use the Andersen hitch with the ball farther aft? (towards the trailer). My F150 came with rails (bought low mileage used truck), and this seems to be a better option for me. It puts the ball a couple inches behind the axle center. Is this good? If I turn the hitch around, its maybe 2" infront of middle of axle but seems far forward, especially close to my trifold bed cover. I haven't towed yet, my 5.0 won't be ready for 6 or 8 months.. Thoughts?
Old 05-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDoesIt View Post
We had the Reese goose neck hitch installed on our 1500 Sierra, and a replacement Reese pin box that Escape installed on the 5,0, like you did not want to fool with rails etc; the single ball pulls fantastic!
Even had room for 60 gal diesel aux tank in front of the pin box! (Duramax 3,0L turbo diesel option)
Was it this?
https://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-a...716-61301.html

And Escape installed it for you? ETI doesn't allow adaptors. but this isn't an adaptor but a goose neck pin box.

I have been interested in this as then you don't need a fifth wheel or Anderson hitch but you hitch directly to the turn over ball in the truck bed.

I realize it says adaptor in the description but by adaptor I mean one of these, https://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-a...l/CAB-C5G.html
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:29 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
So it looks like you use the Andersen hitch with the ball farther aft? (towards the trailer).
Yes, turned toward the trailer is pretty much the standard procedure from what I have seen.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
The stars all aligned for us.

The local RV dealer told us their first appointment to install hitch rails was in August....

A trailer dealer had a better answer and we scheduled the install for Tuesday morning. We told the seller we had it all set and would meet him Thursday in Denver. So Tuesday I get voicemail saying the mechanic was out sick and I needed to call the manager to discuss options. By the time I called, she had lined up another shop to do the install and we were saved! She scored big points!

Drove to Denver yesterday, met with seller and took possession today. Seller helped us set up the hitch and I drove about 10 miles to a hotel where we are staying. The system seems like it will work well for us so far.

Yes, I'm nervous as I can be but so far so good!

Attached Thumbnails
20210511_165548.jpg   20210514_164750.jpg   20210514_164809.jpg   20210514_170320.jpg  
Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote