5.0TA and a Short Bed... B&W with Anderson 3220? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #21

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
While I very much like the idea of a 5th wheel for a number of reasons Jim, I have been backing boats and travel trailers up for years with the old standard hitch stuff. I have read a few places that you have to learn all over again. Whippee.

Gail likes the 5.0 TA, though we have yet to step foot in one, or even get a look around the outside of one since we have gotten serious about buying one. (We have looked at them before.) She is very resistant to the cost of the apparatus necessary on the truck to tow one though. I think she's coming around. I have time to keep working on her.

Looks like I'll be a year out from getting a truck, but if nothing else, I have a real good idea of what I'm looking for when the time comes. I understand as well that Escape Industries is taking orders 7 months out now? Or is that tightening up? We would be looking at placing an order so we got ours in Spring of 2019.

I plan to sell our Parkliner next Spring, put that money in the bank, and keep adding to it over the year. We will see how it goes!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Frank

Glad to hear you will order a 5.0 Escape. You know you won't have to go back to the factory this time! You and Gail will fall in love when you see your first 5.0. Beth was also reluctant to purchase our used 5.0 three years ago but now loves camping in it and rallying. We had two big trips this year out to the west coast taking in the Escape rally and to Georgia last month taking in the Mississippi rally on the way home. We are looking at doing both again next year!

With our new F150 having a back up camera when not towing I forget most of the time and just look at the mirrors!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #23

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I just picked up mine. I got the Anderson hitch it's light weight and removable attaches to a ball hitch in the truck bed. My 150 is a short bed tows perfectly
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA Tundra 1794 2017
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I just picked up mine. I got the Anderson hitch it's light weight and removable attaches to a ball hitch in the truck bed. My 150 is a short bed tows perfectly
Thank you!!!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time" JT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew
Honair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short bed