Air Conditioning Unit - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2021, 03:58 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21C -2020 and 2003 Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRaponi View Post
Hello -
We are nearing the configuration stage for a new 21C and are debating about whether or not to get AC. Escape told us we could substitute an additional MAXX fan in its place. We currently own a Casita trailer and have used the AC only once over the last six years.

Any thoughts/experiences along this line?
Howdy-- just got my 21C and did order the AC with mine-- afterwards i really wouldn't have much use but was thinking of resale value -- it was delivered in box and access roof vent is pre wired as mentioned -- i will most likely keep it in box for future or just sell it --- hopefully my picture shows up here but with the AC there would be a challenge getting it into my shop as with AC and lift-- it is 9' 3" floor to top -- door opening is 8' 10" so if it is hot outside where i am camping i would probably not be traveling with my trailer but tent camping -- for me... it's about spring winter and fall travel with the trailer..... my 2 cents....
Attached Thumbnails
37C75A55-3E9A-4930-8DC0-215CEACD9FD3_1_105_c.jpeg   EE5B2CA4-88E1-4DC9-AD2C-01E6BC93C723_1_105_c.jpg  
quidoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Casita
Thanks for the information and sending the photos.
MRaponi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:52 PM   #23

Thanks for the information. I appreciate the input as we make our configuration decisions.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwiththedogs View Post
We got the extra MAXX fan instead of AC. Having said that, we are a lot less likely to camp in hot and humid spots. No AC in my house either, but my Texas siblings would never do that. On a trip back from Canada in 2019 we were in the Midwest in late July. It was a little uncomfortable but not terrible with the fan going, and that was in a 17B with one fan. If we lived in a different place would likely do differently.
So many decisions aren’t there?
Catherine

Thanks for the information Cathernine. Like you, we live in a dry climate at a higher elevation.