Backing straight... - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #81

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
After loading the 17, one gas tank full, the other part full, empty black and grey, 1/2 fresh, Checked for level and I had 450#. It's a good thing the Durango has a lot of capacity or we would need to take less stuff.
Jack
Hi Jack
Well in that case, since you’re not over the limit yet I’ll give you those sunscreen cannonballs back when we meet again. I’m at about the limit on the 21 and haven’t used them. I thought you might have been overestimating my ability to judge the lockup on the Anderson hitch when you told me I should be able to feel a 1/2 thread difference but I found out today that the setting we’ve settled on (5 threads) is perfect. No more, no less. Safe travels
Iowa Dave
Old 10-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #82
RJM

Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
As long as your driveway and garage are level, you should be good to go with your small single axle 15A. If not, have wheel chocks at hand to prevent a runaway in whatever direction is downhill. Best of luck....
I have the manual dolly and moved around our previous bare bones Boler easily. Our driveway has a slight incline and our 15a can get really hard to stop. On a flat surface can still move it around ok.
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #83
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
I have the manual dolly and moved around our previous bare bones Boler easily. Our driveway has a slight incline and our 15a can get really hard to stop. On a flat surface can still move it around ok.
I've moved my 21 around with a tractor on a slight incline, but when I do I tie the wire from the emergency brake switch (normally attached to the tow vehicle) to my tractor in case something highly ungood should occur.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:22 PM   #84

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Put into the garage for the third time, and did a little better, but the problem remains that no matter how well I aim the trailer, the car-trailer combo does not stay straight. It still took multiple times and I had to make myself NOT turn the wheel to correct. I think that is part of the problem- since I see one side is close I want to fix it- and once it is going straight I just need to keep it straight. But it is in and nothing hit so I'm calling it a win. I did decide most schemes for getting it straight will not work- there just isn't enough room to see around it to visualize even a light. The driveway markers help and possibly extending them forward is part of the answer. Or just lots of trial and error until I get good at it! Thanks for all the suggestions. In my next life the door will be bigger, the door will be taller, the garage will be wider and longer, but since this is where I plan to spend the rest of my life, it will have to work.
Bobbie54 is online now   Reply With Quote