Buh Bye Hemi - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2021, 10:53 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Have the XLT with 202A package which gives me what I want with the Limited trim without the Panoramic Sunroof(which is standard on Limited & Platinum). Being a CA car of course it has the 20" wheels because that is where the demand is with the 202A package. May go to 18" when I replace OEM Toyo Open Country which is probably the best OEM tire I've had on a SUV.
yeah, thats about what I'm looking at, don't need/want the panoramic sunroof, but I do want the FX4 (which is of course a 4x4 thing)

ever run BF Goodrich All/Terrain KO2 tires? they too are awesome, had them on my last two trucks. great mileage, quiet enough on the highway even at high speeds, and solid offroad. great rain traction too. I only have limited snow experience with them, but they seemed sure footed. Kind of pricy, those Toyos are often suggested as the budget alternative.

Quote:
Don't buy a 2018 for two main reasons: 1. Cam Phaser link was upgraded in June 2019 and the 2018's have a stupid plastic oil pan with drain valve that is a nightmare. Fortunately they ditched that on the F-150/Expedition for 2019.
oooof! VERY good to know about the 2018s, k, will scratch that off our list.

Quote:
My sticker says 1667 for payload on my 4x2 regular(not Max) Expedition.
k, so the 4x4 is probably 1400-1500 lbs payload.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:21 AM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
My sticker says 1667 for payload on my 4x2 regular(not Max) Expedition.
Ross: Can you post a pic of the white sticker which should have GVWR and GAWR at the top? I’m also researching/shopping and Expedition is on the list.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:07 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Can't get to mine right now, yet check this thread out on Expedtion Forum. To see images you need to sign up, however I did save one that stood out: a 2020 FX4 Max with HD Tow: 1905 payload! It is explained that there is no sunroof and 2nd row has captain's chairs saving weight without middle seat in a bench. See post #11.
https://www.expeditionforum.com/thre...re-time.44864/
Attached Thumbnails
FX4 sticker.jpg  
Old 12-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Can't get to mine right now, yet check this thread out on Expedtion Forum. To see images you need to sign up, however I did save one that stood out: a 2020 FX4 Max with HD Tow: 1905 payload! It is explained that there is no sunroof and 2nd row has captain's chairs saving weight without middle seat in a bench. See post #11.
https://www.expeditionforum.com/thre...re-time.44864/
nice, thats how I'd like ours configured, except maybe not Max. Those 2nd row captains chairs still fold flush in the floor, right?
Old 12-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
nice, thats how I'd like ours configured, except maybe not Max. Those 2nd row captains chairs still fold flush in the floor, right?
They do- my Yukon's did too. Didn't particularly like them and got a bench instead this time. Am considering 18" wheels, yet to get the OEM FX4- even "used-like new" they are $1200 delivered. The 20's aren't bad- the 22's are ridiculous IMO. Even without towing what a harsh ride that must be.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:05 PM   #26
Site Team

I want the 18s because sometimes I drive offroad, and sometimes I need to lower the pressure, you can do that with a /70 or /65 tire, you really can't with a /55 or lower profile.

the same 18's are the stock wheels on the base SLT model, and I think even on an un-optioned XLT. They are probably interchangable with F150 wheels, too, but you should verify rim width and offset ("ETxx") first. Looks like you can use 18x8.5 or 18x9 and I've seen various offsets from ET18 to ET30

dealers often have 'takeoffs', new or nearly new wheels and tires from a vehicle where the buyer upgraded. or there's always aftermarket wheels like...
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...0&autoModClar=