Clearance between tail lights on truck bed and 5.0 frame and brackets - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2021, 05:31 AM   #21

Trailer: Interested in buying 5.0
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/a...1&d=1636803018

Wow!!! This is my hitch mounted to the puck system
Attached Images

Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Davis, with those pics and noting your Companion is in the "kingpin over axle" configuration, here's a comparison with the Andersen assuming you reversed the Companion pivot arms for "kingpin 2" behind axle" configuration.

Based on all you've provided according to my figuring (which always bears checking!) the Andersen setup on a puck gooseball would give you a mere 7/8" more tailgate clearance than the Companion in the "kingpin 2" behind axle" configuration.

The attached pdf is the same as the pic below, hopefully you can view one or the other large enough to see. I sent you a forum PM with my email address, if you would like to correspond that way I'll send the figures as email attachments.

Hope that helps, Have Fun!
Attached Thumbnails
DAVIS GMC PUCK ANDERSEN vs COMPANION HITCH.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DAVIS GMC PUCK ANDERSEN vs COMPANION HITCH.pdf (515.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #23

Contex, hoorah!!!, I can blow up your pictures. Just skimming over your numbers makes me wonder just how much clearance is enough.
Sleepy, thank you for telling us about your truck, hitch and experiences. Your input is appreciated. The thought of purchasing a new 5.0 and hearing plastic and metal crack and bust due to interference would be horrible.
Thank you again guys for responding.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:28 AM   #24

Yesterday ended up going much better than expected. I am including a picture comparing my 2017 gmc 3500 hd single rear wheel crew cab 8’ bed to a 2020 ford 250 extended cab with a 6 1/2’ long bed.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/a...1&d=1636885489

Based on these measurements with the purchase of an Anderson Ultimate Hitch I should have no problem towing the 5.0 .
If anyone would like pictures of any measurement let me know.
Thank you
Davis
Attached Thumbnails
65B36899-B138-41A6-8504-F8A44D6CC2FCa.jpg  
Old 11-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #25

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
... Based on these measurements with the purchase of an Anderson Ultimate Hitch I should have no problem towing the 5.0 ...
That's great!
Old 11-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
Truck

Hi B. This is Sharon (on the forum I am Carmel Clown). I’m glad you got the answers and result you needed. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:29 AM   #27

Hello Carmel Clown, thank you for showing us your camper and tow vehicle. This week my wife and I are going to put money down on the 5.0 . If I am question about the marriage between my truck and the 5.0 I have pictures that prove there will be no clearance issues.

Do you use a ladder to connect your safety chains? These trucks are so tall. Thank you again
Davis- I tried to think up a cool name like you did but as you can see, I fell short.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:49 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Hello Carmel Clown, thank you for showing us your camper and tow vehicle. This week my wife and I are going to put money down on the 5.0 . If I am question about the marriage between my truck and the 5.0 I have pictures that prove there will be no clearance issues.

Do you use a ladder to connect your safety chains? These trucks are so tall. Thank you again
Davis- I tried to think up a cool name like you did but as you can see, I fell short.
Do not forget to mention you saw another Escape to ETI, that means the owner will receive a little check for their participation in showing their Escape.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #29

I will definitely mention their name to Escape. The Ambassador Program is a great way for Escape to show off their products. In return I am glad the Ambassador gets a little something.
Have a good one
Davis
Old 11-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #30

Ambassador program

ETI has made a change in the program. Now the ambassador receives an email that someone wants to view the trailer with a link to a form that is tied to that request. So the ambassador goes to the link and fills out the information about the viewing. I haven't filled out the form yet so I don't know what they ask.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #31

Quote:

Hi Davis. No I don't use a ladder, I use a tire step. It is a step that hooks onto the tire. Search tire step and you'll find various brands. It is enough for me to lean over the sides and connect the chains and the emergency brake. If I need to climb into the truck bed, I use the step but then have to step on the tire as well.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #32

Interesting Carmel Clown, I will look into that.
Thank you
Davis
Old 11-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Hello, my wife and I are looking at the 5.0 trailers. Our tow vehicle is a 2017 gmc 3500, single rear wheel, crew cab with an 8’ long bed. The puck or 5th wheel /gooseneck package is in the bed. Does any body in this forum have a long bed truck and pull the 5.0? My concern is clearance with the end of the bed, tail light area and the 5.0’s frame and gussets. I am new with doing the forum thing so forgive me if I mess up. Thank you
Davis
There's a hitch place yet near ETI's factory. They have been doing the hitch work for ETI customers since its start I have heard. Might what to give them a call for some guidance. Many have said they are very helpful towards ETI customers & have seen it all. Forget their name and don't know the phone number but ETI will provide it to you.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #34

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
There's a hitch place yet near ETI's factory. They have been doing the hitch work for ETI customers since its start I have heard. Might what to give them a call for some guidance. Many have said they are very helpful towards ETI customers & have seen it all. Forget their name and don't know the phone number but ETI will provide it to you.
Trademasters
https://www.vehiclesolutions.ca/
Old 11-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here you go...https://www.vehiclesolutions.ca
Old 11-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #36

Hello Jack!, rubicon327 and cpaharley2008. I have never heard of a tire step until carmel clown mentioned it in a post. What will they think of next!! I have been carrying around a four foot ladder when all I needed was on of those. Maybe Santa will give me one for Christmas.

Sure I can call and ask questions with the hitch place. The worse they could do is say no.

Thanks to all who posted
Davis