Confirmed dry weight of 19' and 17' Plan B - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 19-Ft
Confirmed dry weight of 19' and 17' Plan B

I recently read a post on this site, or some other forum, that the dry weight listed on Escape's web site for the 19' camper is incorrect... that the weight of the 2017/18 builds had increased. I sent an email to Joldie at ETI to confirm, and she just responded:

"The total dry weight on the current build of the 19’ trailer is 2950lbs. This weight is based on the standard features of the trailer and does not include any additional options that might be added during the build, some of which will increase the weight of the trailer. This also applies to the 17’B, whose current build total dry weight is 2400lbs."

For those concerned with tow weights, this is good news!
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #2

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by caheath View Post
I recently read a post on this site, or some other forum, that the dry weight listed on Escape's web site for the 19' camper is incorrect... that the weight of the 2017/18 builds had increased. I sent an email to Joldie at ETI to confirm, and she just responded:

"The total dry weight on the current build of the 19’ trailer is 2950lbs. This weight is based on the standard features of the trailer and does not include any additional options that might be added during the build, some of which will increase the weight of the trailer. This also applies to the 17’B, whose current build total dry weight is 2400lbs."

For those concerned with tow weights, this is good news!
When I purchased mine they send this as the weight.

I have calculated your trailer weight based on your options. We did make a minor adjustment to the water weight which now puts your total trailer weight at 3489 lbs. Remember, this is the weight of your trailer with all of the options you selected, water, propane, etc. If you are traveling with no water your trailer would weigh 234 lbs. less.

Options that added to the weight included Air Conditioner, Progressive EMS, group 29 battery, microwave. Extra Insulation & Frame-less Thermal Windows, a window in the bathroom and one in the kitchen and the storage box.

Most other options were either upgrades which either added none or just a little more weight.

So loaded with full propane bottles and no water in the fresh water tank and a full water heater would put mine at 3253 Lbs. This is before I load anything in it. When I checked weight later with an empty fresh water tank I came in at 3765 Lbs with some food and clothing and camping gear loaded.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I recently read a post on this site, or some other forum, that the dry weight listed on Escape's web site for the 19' camper is incorrect... that the weight of the 2017/18 builds had increased.
The value which is certainly incorrect is the axle weight, which is still listed on the 19' web page as 2,354 pounds; this may have been correct before the 2016 update, but was not updated. The tongue weight is still listed as exactly the same value as before the 2016 update (256 pounds), which is unlikely and thus suspicious.

The brochure shows an axle weight of 2694 pounds; that is consistent with the total weight, but the old and now incorrect value of 2,354 pounds is not.

We identified the error in the current topic Questions about 17'B and 19'. There was no suggestion that the weight of the 2017 or 2018 builds has increased; this problem of incorrect data has existed since the re-design of all models in 2016.

This is simply a long-standing error in the website.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
"This also applies to the 17’B, whose current build total dry weight is 2400lbs."
This is consistent with the 17' web page, and also with the 17B hitch and axle weights (250 and 2150 pounds) listed on that page.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 19-Ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The value which is certainly incorrect is the axle weight, which is still listed on the 19' web page as 2,354 pounds; this may have been correct before the 2016 update, but was not updated. The tongue weight is still listed as exactly the same value as before the 2016 update (256 pounds), which is unlikely and thus suspicious.

The brochure shows an axle weight of 2694 pounds; that is consistent with the total weight, but the old and now incorrect value of 2,354 pounds is not.

We identified the error in the current topic Questions about 17'B and 19' There was no suggestion that the weight of the 2017 or 2018 builds has increased; this problem of incorrect data has existed since the re-design of all models in 2016.

This is simply a long-standing error in the website.
Understood - I am not referring to that post.
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote