E15A tongue extension modification - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Again, it's not this web site. All those things that you are doing (with devices from the company started by Steve and Steve) are just changing data tags within the file, intended to be read by the next stage of use by the same suite of software, which are still ignored by the forum and browser. In Glenn's example, he uses all the same brand of hardware, but crucially uses software from another company.
What I know: This symptom doesn't present itself with any other forum I belong to and/or consistently post to. Its not a big deal to me other than I'd like to post images that might be helpful to others. Most of the forums I peruse/belong to have migrated away from vBulletin as they have grown. If the work-around is too time consuming...
dstreight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I like how you can remove the hitch so it is less likely to be towed by someone else.
Even if not removed, the oddball coupler will keep a casual thief from just dropping it on their tow ball and driving away. On the other hand, even with the coupler removed a determined thief can still chain or strap the trailer's tongue onto their hitch or bumper and take it away, as I have heard that they do with a locked regular coupler.

If the coupler is removed and the receiver in the trailer's tongue is left open, a common ball mount (with no ball) could be inserted into the trailer, and set on top of another ball mount on the tow vehicle (again with no ball), and the two coupled with a hitch pin. While it seems unlikely that a thief would go to the trouble of doing this to steal the trailer, it might be a useful technique if the trailer ever needs to be moved (at low speed) without the proper coupler system available.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #23

Got the tongue extension and Max Coupler project completed. Test drive was quiet and 'tight'. More in depth testing begins tomorrow .
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3236.jpg   IMG_2856.jpg  
Old 02-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #24

250 miles to the coast and it tows perfectly. Nice to have the additional space clearance for tailgate & Bedslide to fully pull out. And backing up is better/easier too.

And liking the new Extreme Off-road tongue jack: Very versatile..

All “wins” for us.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:42 AM   #25

New Max Coupler is great; ditto the extended tongue. And easier backing up...all “win-win”.
Attached Thumbnails
098A1B75-A1CE-4630-BF93-2E017801ECDF.jpg   5062C6CF-6A46-4BDB-9F0A-19C5899BE921.jpeg   3A6182AC-021B-4FE5-B450-87BE8887FC7B.jpg