Excellent price on Andersen Ultimate Rail Mound - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2021, 10:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Excellent price on Andersen Ultimate Rail Mound

In case someone else is looking, I can recommend the following source (no financial or other interest on my part).

A while back, Alan kindly gave me a heads up that Andersen is raising the price of the Andersen Ultimate hitch. He had shared the link where he got the old (lower) price for the gooseneck version, but I found an alternate site which had a very attractive price ($504 - delivered) for the rail version - model 3200. Other sources are selling it for $700+.

https://powertechdiesel.com/i-3483-u...=category:1109

One word of warning - I placed the order in Feb, but the stocks are low and they had difficulty getting the distributor to fill the order. They were offered to cancel, if I found it elsewhere. I persisted with them and received the hitch today. To my surprise, they still have the old price on the website. So, it is worth a shot if you are in the market but do not have a very tight delivery window.

I share it here as it is a very attractive price...
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Glad that you found and received your 3200 rail version at at the attractive ('old') price

I notice that same vendor is still, as of this moment, also listing the 3220 Gooseneck version at the attractive ('old') price of $745USD including shipping in the lower 48.

Lol, I think I mentioned to you in our February email correspondence that Bend Trailer where I got mine adjusted their website price for the 3220 a day or 2 after I ordered. Though I wasn't in a particular rush it was promptly drop-shipped direct from Andersen back on Feb 24.

You're getting very close to D (delivery) Day, it sounds like it's all coming together nicely, congrats!
Old 04-20-2021, 07:32 AM   #3

Thank you! Things are indeed coming together. We picked up our F150 last week. Very pleased with that. Happy with our choice, but also the fact that this was the first time both of us ever sat in a truck let alone drove it! Aside from tight fit into the garage and AM|/FM antenna being a bit too long (already ordered an aftermarket replacement of shorter length) - no issues...

I had actually placed the order with the Bend outlet you kindly shared - only to cancel and go with Powertech Diesel site above as it was more than $50 less. So, very glad that they came through - albeit with a wait.

Now - waiting for B&W to release their custom rail kit for this truck. They expect to do so by the end of the month and I am on the notification list as soon as that happens. Other than that - we are all set for pickup on the Memorial Day in Sumas, WA!
Old 04-20-2021, 08:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Glad I bought mine over the winter. I had a sneaking suspicion that RV product shortages (and price increases) would continue into 2021. Ordered my chains this week even thought it's 3-1/2 months until we take delivery on our 5.0.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
..... Now - waiting for B&W to release their custom rail kit for this truck. They expect to do so by the end of the month and I am on the notification list as soon as that happens. Other than that - we are all set for pickup on the Memorial Day in Sumas, WA!
I'd wondered how that item was progressing, it sounds like B&W is gonna come through for you just-in-time.

I'm really happy for you and looking forward to the pics of your rig with the several very special customizations you've wrangled with ETI. It's gonna be a truly 'built for you' rig for sure!

edit / PS - How's the search for convenient SLC-area trailer storage going (I know that was an item on your 'do-list', too)?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
I'd wondered how that item was progressing, it sounds like B&W is gonna come through for you just-in-time.

I'm really happy for you and looking forward to the pics of your rig with the several very special customizations you've wrangled with ETI. It's gonna be a truly 'built for you' rig for sure!

edit / PS - How's the search for convenient SLC-area trailer storage going (I know that was an item on your 'do-list', too)?
Thank you! Really appreciate it. The storage area search has presented difficult choices:
  • Outdoor parking - We have not been keen on outdoor parking and prefer covered storage options instead. Therefore, we did not explore this option seriously.
  • Nearby (within 1/2 hour to 45 min of driving) covered or enclosed parking - Quite expensive, with prices ranging from $150 to $350/month, though most in 150-200/month range. The one lower price point option ($150/month) with availability had access restrictions where they'd park and bring the camper out only between 8AM to 6PM on weekdays, with prior notice.
  • Reasonably priced covered storage but far away (1.5 hours) with large parking spot (40 ft. long). They have enclosed spaces too but nothing that was available.
Most of places did not have availability. When a spot opened up a couple of weeks ago in the reasonably priced but far storage option, we went ahead and rented it on a month-to-month basis. The fee is only $55/month, which is very reasonable. We are not happy about the distance but its location is a plus in the Summer as we'd go North - in the direction of the storage. In the winter, the location will add unwelcome time to the equation - but we can revisit the decision if a preferable alternative becomes available. For now, we are pleased to have this question resolved and with having a good place to park the Escape after we return from Sumas, WA.

The B&W rail kit is the last remaining open item on our list. The information I and others have received from B&W suggests availability later this month. With our pickup trip planned for the Memorial Day weekend - that should work out for us.