Leveling blocks - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2022, 07:06 PM   #101

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
On a dead level hard flat surface yes you can elevate one wheel high enough that the other one will be off the ground and changeable with the two piece Anderson chock. Loosen the lug nuts on the flat first before elevating. Chock the wheels on the other side for more stability.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-07-2022, 09:20 PM   #102

Trailer: looking for a trailer
Thanks Iowa Dave! Trying to cut back on the amount of stuff I have to bring along. I guess I can always use the tow vehicle jack if I can't get enough clearance. Now I need to go trim the front off one of those levelers before we head out to get the trailer.
kjackson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:53 PM   #103

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In our front box I have 5 pieces of 2X6 about 8 inches long. I use them under the stabilizer jacks once in a great while when the sand pad won’t reach the ground because of the way the uneven ground is or because it slopes away especially in the back of the trailer. Other wise we don’t have any other leveling equipment along besides the lumber which doesn’t take up much room or weigh much. I use one for my jackstand each time out. It’s a little longer than the others. I’ve come to just leveling with the Andersons. It’s rare that I can’t get side to side level.
I do have an entrenchment tool (Korean War vintage) in case I need to do some excavating or dig a foxhole stored in the front side box.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-19-2022, 10:41 PM   #104

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
My travel buddy has a set of non-Andersens that he picked up from someone on Facebook marketplace. After watching him use them, I bought a set of the Andersens. You can cut up to 4 inches from one, but I leaned the circular saw over about 30 degrees and made a cut at 2½ inches and it worked fine. Please note I don't have an Escape, its a Sasquatch ;>) but the wheels are quite close together.

I was just playing with them while I pulled the trailer out of the shop, so I didn't put the chock blocks under them. I also keep two Harbor Freight chocks in the trailer and two in the truck behind the seat.

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Andersen wedges side view.jpg   Andersen wedges rear view.jpg   Andersen wedges in the box.jpg