tow mirrors - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2022, 09:54 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
No, these are not inexpensive, but they are perfect for vehicle mirrors that are very aerodynamic or otherwise designed such that Milenco's will not properly attach.

https://www.repusel.com/ENGLISH/cata...roducts_id=407

We use these on our Cayenne which has very aero mirrors and they stay firmly attached with the optional large suction cup. The glass coating is nice to prevent glare and bright reflections at night.
LRCURTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:42 AM   #22

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Thank you. Mirrors like this do not fit the 2021 Jeep Cherokee L. The mirrors slope down in the outside making them all fail to attach or fall right off. It's a struggle to find something that will.
pacificc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:44 AM   #23

These might work!
Old 03-06-2022, 10:45 AM   #24

Thank you. I'm going to try them.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:49 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
yah, all that. thankfully, my '02 F250 *just* had electric mirror adjust, none of that other fuu-fuu stuff.

at some point, I'd weigh that stuff vs having good trailer mirrors, and maybe skip the auto folding etc kinda extra stuff in favor of manual telescoping/folding mirrors that were bigger/better.
Sometimes today's fuu-fuu is tomorrow's must-have! When I bought a Passat AWD wagon in 2001, it had rain-sensing wipers. What-ever, I thought. Then I found how incredibly well-tuned they were and they became must-haves for the next vehicle.

("Rain" is an event where water intermittently falls from the sky in moderate quantities, sometimes even appearing as a gentle mist. Some older Californians may remember these events, which are fabled to still occur in certain regions, while here in the PNW we maintain them as a staunch tradition.)

I read a review yesterday where someone put an aftermarket set of towing mirrors on his Silverado and it turned out that they didn't include an exterior temperature sensor. I'll let him take it from there...

Quote:
3.0 out of 5 stars Ambient air temperature sensor
Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2021
Verified Purchase

After purchasing these for a 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 with the 6.6 L diesel Denali trim it needed new wiring harness for the door and had to have the truck re-mapped and this trim level does not have an ambient air temperature sensor anywhere else on the vehicle other than the mirrors. Since you don’t have an ambient air temperature your inside climate control won’t work either, you have to manually set your temperature now and it won’t auto regulate. So you either have to install a new interior rearview mirror With ambient air temperature or install a ambient temperature sensor at a random place on your vehicle and have it wired through the wiring harness.

If you don’t do this and you have auto start on your truck it will not work your check engine light will be on constantly you can reset the check engine light but it will pop right back on the next time you start it. So far with the remapping , wiring harness and multiple times in the shop to try to diagnose how to fix this I am in it about $1000 plus the mirrors so you’re almost better off purchasing through the dealership and having them install them.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificc View Post
Thank you. Mirrors like this do not fit the 2021 Jeep Cherokee L. The mirrors slope down in the outside making them all fail to attach or fall right off. It's a struggle to find something that will.
Exactly!

I'll try to post a picture of our bungee arrangement later today.

Also, I'm curious what mirror you are going to try. Your several recent replies don't include any quotes, so we can't see what posts you are responding to. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #27
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
You might take a look at RockAuto.com as a source for your Jeep.
Also consider any earlier models vehicles that have the mirror setup you'd like.
Often times the mounting is identical, or near identical with slight changes in wiring.
Just my 2 cents (which doesn't buy much these days).
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 02:11 PM   #28

I'm going to try these. Nothing else I have found or that has been suggested works with these odd mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/CIPA-11650-De...%2C1680&sr=8-2

Interested in your bungee plan. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:12 PM   #29

The mirrors on my Jeep are odd. The part that the clamp on would attach to slants back into the mirror casing and doesn't offer a good grip. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:13 PM   #30

The mirrors on the 2021 Jeep are different and slant into the casing. No place to get a good grip.

Thank you.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:41 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
Any thoughts on halogen versus LED headlights?
the LED headlights on my wife's 2016 Mercedes wagon are freekin' awesome. I'd love to refit LEDs on my 2002 F250 but haven't found any aftermarket lights that are compatible with it, I do NOT want to put LED bulbs in the existing reflectors.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:30 PM   #32

Fits like a saddle on a cow, and it's a bit of a nuisance to set up, but once it's set up it's rock-solid.

As mentioned, I disable the auto-parking on the mirrors as it strains against the bungees.

Because it's a bit of a nuisance, I generally don't remove it until the end of the trip, even when we drop the trailer off at the campground and drive around on daytrips.

So, I might still be in the market for something a bit more elegant, but my thrifty-side keeps telling me "Hey, we're good here, mission accomplished! "
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4448-1200.jpg   IMG_4446 rotate-1200.jpg  
Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Fits like a saddle on a cow, and it's a bit of a nuisance to set up, but once it's set up it's rock-solid.

As mentioned, I disable the auto-parking on the mirrors as it strains against the bungees.

Because it's a bit of a nuisance, I generally don't remove it until the end of the trip, even when we drop the trailer off at the campground and drive around on daytrips.

So, I might still be in the market for something a bit more elegant, but my thrifty-side keeps telling me "Hey, we're good here, mission accomplished! "

"Saddle on a cow" gave me a good chuckle! Your mirrors look like ones we tried. We couldn't even get one strap to stay on while trying to put the second one on. Since I travel alone most of the time while husband works, I need something I can do.

I love your creativity! Thank you.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:02 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificc View Post
I need something I can do.
Okay, just be sure to share with us when you find it.

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-06-2022, 07:06 PM   #35

These were suggested by another. I'm going to order the ones from Amazon and, if they don't work, order the others with fingers crossed.

https://www.repusel.com/ENGLISH/cata...roducts_id=407
Old 03-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #36

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
My old strap-on mirror didn't really work well with our Ford Ranger since the mirror narrows toward the end and the straps want to slide over that way.
I found that if I added a bungie cord to the outer strap to pull it back, they held fast, so that's what I do now.
I also have a back up camera that gives me good visibility to the rear that I use most of the time so if I forget to place the extension on my mirror then it's not a show stopper.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220309_143419 (1).jpg  
Old 03-10-2022, 09:28 AM   #37

I asked the dealer and my warranty would be voided.

Thank you.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #38

Thank you.

That looks a lot like my mirror. I'm going to try these that another person suggested.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:14 AM   #39

Trailer: 2021 17B
Boost is another good mirror replacement company. If Clearview had an option Boost may as well...
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #40

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
John in Santa Cruz.
Hello John.
Thanks for the tip on the mirrors.I drive a 2003 F 250 Super Duty.My mirrors had slight damage when i bought the truck used.Still worked, but I would like to replace them.Will order a set from 1 A Auto.My son has an 2008 Ford SD.Going to take a closer look at them, just so I can drool a bit.Thanks again.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote