Very Clean 2015 Tacoma TRD For Sale $32,000 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 21NE March 2021
Very Clean 2015 Tacoma TRD For Sale $32,000

Hello,
We bought our Tacoma from a friend a few months before taking delivery on our 21NE last year. The truck is in great shape but we have decided that we need a little more power for the uphills so we are going to buy a 1/2 ton truck. Although the towing capacity rating on the Tacoma is over 6,000 lbs, for our future travel needs going cross country, we think having the larger truck would be better for us.

This truck would be a great option for anyone looking for a Tacoma. I have attached pictures as well as the list of options that the truck originally came with as well as the options that I added (like a larger transmission cooler, trailer brake, air pads, tonneau cover, and rack. (It has a six foot bed!). I am located in Northern California.

Please call me with any questions.
Rick
925-876-9534
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tacoma.pdf (36.8 KB, 26 views)
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:46 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Many here tow their E21 with a Highlander and are happy doing so. Before going out and buying a new truck, give the Tacoma a go. On the steep grades, just take your time and put the hazards on, that's what I did with the 4Runner. I only traded the 4Runner because I missed the truck bed.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:39 AM   #3

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the shout-out. I keep trying to decide to sell the Taco or not. Very difficult decision. The trailer was delivered weighing in at 4,000 lbs (before I put any of my personal stuff inside.
Even though I am quite sure it does not weigh over 5,000 lbs loaded, between the weight of what is in the truck, the weight of myself and my wife, we are quickly approaching the total maximum weight allowed for the two vehicles.
Last year (our first year) took a trip to Yellowstone. Going over that pass to the Tetons 10% grade was no fun. I got a little PTSD after that for the entire trip.
A friend has a 1500 and I hooked the trailer up to that and could not feel the trailer going uphill or downhill. Automatic braking within the GMC was nice.

Anyway, that is what I was thinking until gas pricing shot up and the price of newer vehicles or used vehicles shot up! Great timing huh?

Again, thank you for the thoughts. Will consider this over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Rick
Old 04-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Over the last 8 years I've seen more than just a few start with a mid-sized vehicle to tow a 21. Probably 80% or more of them reporting here over the years got tired of it for a variety of reasons. And that is a 21C.

Met a family with a new 21NE in Moab a few weeks ago and he told me his wet weight was 5300 #'s! Hard to imagine, yet from what we see being reported here that figure was believable. I joke to people that our 21C is loaded like the Beverly Hillbillies- only Granny & her rocker are missing. We're 4300 #'s wet.

So I say trust your instincts; I agonized a a few months whether to keep a new Highlander purchased for the 17B. No regrets trading it in prior to the 21 pickup for a Yukon and even that 5.3 motor wasn't effortless going uphill, yet it was nice having the extra wheelbase and curbweight going downhill.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:16 PM   #5

Hi Ross,
Thank you for your thoughts. As mentioned, I HATE the idea of giving up this Tacoma. First, it is a Tacoma, second, it is in great shape and being a Toyota I am quite sure has many miles and years left on the engine. The friend that sold it to me bought a Tundra for his family needs and was one of those guys that waxed it quarterly.
My wife enjoys taking turns driving/towing and we liked the idea when purchasing the truck of having a "smaller" truck for the times we were not towing.
I think if we were just going to camp within California and Oregon I wouldn't mind keeping the Tacoma. However, our plans are to go cross country as well as into Canada at some point so I am thinking having the extra power will come in handy.

Thank you again for your thoughts.
Cheers,
Rick
Old 04-14-2022, 02:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikster View Post
Hi Ross,
Thank you for your thoughts. As mentioned, I HATE the idea of giving up this Tacoma. First, it is a Tacoma, second, it is in great shape and being a Toyota I am quite sure has many miles and years left on the engine. The friend that sold it to me bought a Tundra for his family needs and was one of those guys that waxed it quarterly.
My wife enjoys taking turns driving/towing and we liked the idea when purchasing the truck of having a "smaller" truck for the times we were not towing.
I think if we were just going to camp within California and Oregon I wouldn't mind keeping the Tacoma. However, our plans are to go cross country as well as into Canada at some point so I am thinking having the extra power will come in handy.

Thank you again for your thoughts.
Cheers,
Rick

I tow a Older Classic E19(lighter & rounder) with a Taco 2014 PreRunner. I think it is OK. I'm in no hurry, & like the secondary roads. Why I stayed with an E19. But, the E21s also have a lot more "sail area" behind you too. You hit wind someday, you will be happier to have a bit bigger vehicle to stabilize it. You'll just have to take it easy, til you find something bigger.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
One of the latest converts from a Taco was Jon Vermylie. He also went from a 17B to a 21C and found the Taco got horrible mileage and too short of range from the smaller gas tank.

Again- that's a 21C; evidently the 21 NE is heavier.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:00 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 Lynne's Escape19 TV GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel/
I have just purchased my tow vehicle GMC Sierra Limited crew cab four-wheel-drive short bed 3.0 diesel 58,655 MSRP that's before taxes and license. I probably will get delivery between Monday and Wednesday of next week. Go ahead and go to the various sites and build your vehicle and then take a swift drink and find out what the cost is.
Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote