Grand Canyon - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Site Team
Donna D.'s Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,949
Grand Canyon

Anyone planning a * North Rim of the Grand Canyon visit in the next week or so will likely need to replan. The Jacob Lake area and campgrounds have been evacuated. The North Rim is closed until further notice. They're are having a hard time with this fire, it is over 11,000 acres and moving fast, and they’re expecting 20-30 mph winds with 50 mph gusts today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ~Capture.jpg (95.9 KB, 16 views)

Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
UncleTim's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Posts: 469
The last thing you would want, is to be there.

Blast furnace conditions.

Monsoons start in late July. Could be a long wait.

Thanks for the heads up!
UncleTim is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.