Kayaking - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2021, 05:34 PM   #41

Trailer: 2023 21C
We had the same problem of lifting our kayaks up, our solution was the Thule lift:

https://www.thule.com/en-us/winter-a...-pro-_-1685448
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2981.jpg  
dunnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:19 PM   #42

Trailer: 2012 E19
I've read that a decent brand of inflatable kayak should last for 6 or 8 years, maybe more.

I had an Aquaglide for a year, but made the mistake of getting the shortest one (9') and it didn't track worth a hoot. It seemed like good quality, though.

Currently I'm using a Vilano Navigator SUP with an inflatable seat from Sea Eagle, and a Bending Branches Loon canoe paddle. Slow, but good exercise. It tracks surprisingly well, if it isn't too windy. And I can paddle standing up for a while when I feel like stretching my legs.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:22 PM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Bro in the standup kayak.
Attached Thumbnails
20201205_102306(0).jpg  
Old 01-28-2021, 07:15 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 E19
Great photo Joe...Nice to see the cross on Mt Tallac too, Several years back my brother and I packed an inflatable raft up to Eagle Lake...we had to blow it up by mouth since we couldnt afford a pump. Talk about light headed...
Rick_3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:46 AM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
For now just kayaking at home. Winter has the best tides (daytime highs) but not often I can catch decent weather.
Attached Thumbnails
kayaking looking towards Useless Bay.jpg   Kayaking 1-27-21.jpg   driftood.jpg  
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Out of Grants Pass, lots of access on the Rogue River, particularly from Hog Creek boat ramp on down. Some flat-ish sections and some up to class 2+ whitewater down as far as Grave Creek. To go farther than that requires a permit, and a commitment to 30ish miles of class 3-4. There should be lots of documentation as to access points, class, etc.

A point of particular interest is Clear Lake, a couple hours east of Eugene, Oregon. It's the headwaters of the McKenzie formed by volcanic activity @3000 years ago. It's so clear you can see tree trunks still standing from the bottom, supposedly from that volcanic eruption. The water is very cold. If you're a decent paddler you can brave the 50 or so yards up a rocky stream to the Great Spring, a pool where water is seeping out of the rocks to form the lake and then eventually the river. It's a pretty primeval spot.

This can be helpful. Not all listed allow boating. https://www.amazon.com/Recreation-La.../dp/0943798248
Old 01-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Yakima rooftop rack with rear rollers. 68 lb. tandem rolls up easily. Deep Lake @ Sun Lakes SP in Central WA is a nice day, if it isn't windy.
Attached Thumbnails
Kayak a.jpg   kayak b.jpg  
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_3031 View Post
Great photo Joe...Nice to see the cross on Mt Tallac too, Several years back my brother and I packed an inflatable raft up to Eagle Lake...we had to blow it up by mouth since we couldnt afford a pump. Talk about light headed...
I hear ya! Eagle Lake is such an epic spot. I've schlepped my inflatable paddleboard the other way, down to Emerald Bay from the Vikingsholm parking lot. Even with a hand pump, I was winded after that! But worth it of course.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:00 AM   #49

Any comments or recommendations for an inflatable for smaller lakes?
sandra.malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #50

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
RazorLites are a nice inflatable kayak made by SeaEagle. There is a single, and a tandem, as well as the TC canoe.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #51

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Whatever you do, make sure the vessel is sea worthy! People will sell you something you should not depend on (or even use), so I always suggest you look at good quality boats that will allow you to grow into the sport.

You can hit stuff out there! You may have no idea where this takes you and you want to be safe every day.

These boats will protect you and you can depend on them. The pros use them. They will all fold up into small balls. You take them on moving water too.

https://www.nrs.com/category/3209/ra...latable-kayaks
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote