Picking up New 19' in May! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Picking up New 19' in May!

Hello all, we will be picking up our new 19' at the end of May, on the 28th, and then have a few days before we head northeast up to Lake Louise for a week. Trip is pretty well figured out on the way back thru Montana, Idaho, and Nevada before we get home, but I'm looking on some feedback on Campgrounds within an hour of Chilliwack, that have hookups, so we can try everything out. Any experience with Harrison River RV or Coquihalla RV Parks? Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry Tierney
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
a lot of new owners stay at the Bellingham KOA........
Old 01-16-2020, 08:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
a lot of new owners stay at the Bellingham KOA........
Thanks, we want to go in the other direction!
Old 01-17-2020, 07:08 AM   #4

I realize that but since a lot have stayed Bellingham, Escape is familiar and has delivered parts there in the past, if the need arises. Too bad you are missing the rally that week, Osoyoos is about 90 miles east from the factory and again Escape can address some concerns if need be at the rally. Plus you can see 180 Escapes in one place, where else can that happen?
Old 01-17-2020, 07:23 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I know too a number of new owners stay at the Lynden KOA. It's just a few miles from Sumas. Since that's where your trailer will be imported into the USA, it's convenient.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #6

Quote:
I realize that but since a lot have stayed Bellingham, Escape is familiar and has delivered parts there in the past, if the need arises. Too bad you are missing the rally that week, Osoyoos is about 90 miles east from the factory and again Escape can address some concerns if need be at the rally. Plus you can see 180 Escapes in one place, where else can that happen?
We tried to work it out to get to the rally, but couldn't do it. We hope to make a future one. You and Donna have a good point, I'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2020, 08:51 AM   #7

You are right Donna, Lynden KOA not Bellingham was the one I was thinking of....oops sorry again, seems to be one and the same https://koa.com/campgrounds/lynden/
Old 01-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We also stayed at the Lynden KOA wonderful people there. There were 6 other escapes there while we were there. all had just picked up their home away from home
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:17 AM   #9

Quote:
You are right Donna, Lynden KOA not Bellingham was the one I was thinking of....oops sorry again, seems to be one and the same https://koa.com/campgrounds/lynden/
Google Maps says it's about 50 minutes from Chilliwack. Our orientation is 0830, so I think we have plenty of time to head north. We have a Harvest Hosts site reserved for the 4th night out, just north of Tappen, before we head to Banff. I'm looking to stay within an hour of Chilliwack going north.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
We always stay st Coquihalla Campground on July 1 . It is in a small town called Hope, has a great trails for biking and walking. Check out the Othello Tunnels or the wood carvings in the park. It is 40 minutes past Chilliwack. It is also at the start of the three highways to the north. Home | Coquihalla Campground
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkavanagh View Post
We always stay st Coquihalla Campground on July 1 . It is in a small town called Hope, has a great trails for biking and walking. Check out the Othello Tunnels or the wood carvings in the park. It is 40 minutes past Chilliwack. It is also at the start of the three highways to the north. Home | Coquihalla Campground
Thanks for the input, looks like we will try to stay there, just playing phone and email tag with them now! Winter gets in the way.