Private homes - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2022, 12:47 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
We were, until recently, BW hosts. Since HH bought them, it has been impossible for us to find BW sites to help in our travels, and accordingly have cancelled our membership even at no cost since hosts do take on some liability. The liability was not the main issue for us, but without any benefits for us, holding that liability made no sense. Before HH bought BW we had both great guest and host experiences.

Thanks. So is Boondockers still "technically" separate from HH? Impossible, as in always full? I was wondering if it was worth it to "buy" into HH. As I say, I don't drink, so not buying alcohol. One: Most HH seem to look like being one site places, & most likely taken. I was getting the impression, People looking for spots FAR out number spots available. HH sure keep pushing to join= 15% off. Word getting out, can't find a spot to use?
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 01:18 PM   #42

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
BW sites for us have become hard to come by. I can’t speak for others. I have never belonged to HH. We have not paid for a BW membership. HH never appealed given the $20 cost per night for boondocking, and unlike many, I don’t see those as great campsites for our needs.

In the Spring through Fall, federal spots with the lifetime senior pass are our preferred spots and usually well under $20 per night.

In the winter, it generally cost us much more to travel since many federal spots are closed. To help on that end we belong to Passport America where we have a lifetime membership bought years ago. We also have a lifetime Good Sam from when those were less than $100. Finally, since my parents live at CARE, we have an Escapees membership. The PA membership is not quite paid for yet, but close. The others have paid for themselves many times.

We mostly avoid private parks, but do use the 3 memberships when needed.

I’m sure others have ways that work for them.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #43

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
BW sites for us have become hard to come by. I can’t speak for others. I have never belonged to HH. We have not paid for a BW membership. HH never appealed given the $20 cost per night for boondocking, and unlike many, I don’t see those as great campsites for our needs.

In the Spring through Fall, federal spots with the lifetime senior pass are our preferred spots and usually well under $20 per night.

In the winter, it generally cost us much more to travel since many federal spots are closed. To help on that end we belong to Passport America where we have a lifetime membership bought years ago. We also have a lifetime Good Sam from when those were less than $100. Finally, since my parents live at CARE, we have an Escapees membership. The PA membership is not quite paid for yet, but close. The others have paid for themselves many times.

We mostly avoid private parks, but do use the 3 memberships when needed.

I’m sure others have ways that work for them.
We see HH and BW as one-night spots, but we've never had a problem stealth camping, if needed. We've actually stealth camped at a closed-for-winter state park outside of Steamboat Springs. We don't want to be obligated to purchase something we don't want or need. There's only so much room in our 5.0.

We were members of Passport America until this year. Luckily I called the RV resorts we had used PA in the past and found they no longer needed PA to keep their sites rented. We've let our PA expire. Besides, we don't care for most RV parks.

Saturday is Terry's sisters memorial, then we leave for Arizona on Monday. Our first stop will be Cracker Barrel outside of Kansas City, where we've been before, on to Meade State Park (so far always 100% empty), Valley of Fires, and finally a couple of days at Rusty's near Portal, AZ.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-19-2022, 03:54 PM   #44

Trailer: 2018 None
I wish Escape RV Industry would rent out their trailers so you could try them out before purchase. :-)
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:25 PM   #45

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
I wish Escape RV Industry would rent out their trailers so you could try them out before purchase. :-)
You probably already know this, but Escape has an Ambassador Program where local owners are willing to give you a tour of their trailers and answer any questions you might have.

We found our more than 2 hour visit with a local Ambassador (thanks Shawn, aka Buellfire, and Missy) to be incredibly informative. We were already in line for our Escape trailer, but it helped make some important final decisions on our build sheet.

Escape Ambassadors are good people. The Escape website has an “app” to find Ambassadors in your area. We highly recommend you take advantage of this program.
YakRV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:48 AM   #46

Trailer: 2018 None
Thanks for the information.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:12 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe a forum member, "Iowa Dave" may be in the area...
Old 01-20-2022, 09:53 AM   #48

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Thanks for the information.
George:
I sent you a private message.
Iowa Dave