Recommendations Near Lake Tahoe? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 17b, 2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Thank you so much! Hiking it indeed our main interest/activity on our trips. Hoping to go up to Mount Rose as well but slightly concerned about heat levels in early July.

Reading the rest of the discussion, seems like the lowest point is 9’11”. Since our 5.0 is lower than that by 3-4 inches (based upon ETI data), I am tempted to take that route (50) to South Lake Tahoe from Mount Rose CG. Seems like the feedback suggests it might be OK.

I think the campground is located around 8,000'. You should be able to walk across Hwy 431 from the CG to start your Mt Rose hike. Very good trail to the top. Expect wind and not much shade, but it still should be cool. Take a quick detour to the waterfall along the way.

There is also Tahoe Meadows below the campground about a mile. Flat circle in the meadow and then just below that is the Tahoe Rim Trail. You should read up on that because I think they have designated days for hiking vs. mtn biking.

John is right, take the middle of the road if you want through that short tunnel. We see that all the time. Traffic is heaviest around commute time as many people live in Reno and Carson City and work in SLT.
saguarocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by saguarocat View Post
I think the campground is located around 8,000'. You should be able to walk across Hwy 431 from the CG to start your Mt Rose hike. Very good trail to the top. Expect wind and not much shade, but it still should be cool. Take a quick detour to the waterfall along the way.

There is also Tahoe Meadows below the campground about a mile. Flat circle in the meadow and then just below that is the Tahoe Rim Trail. You should read up on that because I think they have designated days for hiking vs. mtn biking.

John is right, take the middle of the road if you want through that short tunnel. We see that all the time. Traffic is heaviest around commute time as many people live in Reno and Carson City and work in SLT.
Thank you so much for that advice! We have a couple of hiking books , so will research that closer to the trip. Thanks for the tip on hiking vs. mountain biking days!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote