Utah National Parks - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Have you looked into the National Forests in Utah? Most allow dogs on the trails- although they request they be on a leash. I live in the east and hike both the National Park as well as National Forests. The forests are much more flexible than the parks.
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
I agree, the better solution would be to limit access of dogs. A complete ban is overkill, people cause many more problems than good dogs. I use to have a goal of visiting every NP, no longer, I will not leave my dog behind, she adds too much joy to every trip.

I am not a current Escape owner, but plan to buy following my retirement at the end of this year, most likely the 19, but the 21 looks very inviting.
Agreed, we now avoid the American National Parks because of the lack of acceptance of dogs. What a shame. At least in the winter we can leave our buddy in the car for an hour, but not in the heat of summer. Oh well, come to Canada where dogs in National Parks, on a leash, are welcome!
ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote