Which Cape Hatteras Nat Seashore Campground? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Which Cape Hatteras Nat Seashore Campground?

We are planning on heading to Cape Hatteras in June. It's been years since we have been there. Any favorites of the four Natl Seashore Campgrounds? We mainly plan on chilling on the beach, eating seafood, and relaxing. We went there a couple times when the kids were young and really enjoyed.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I like Ocracoke Island the best. The campground is very close to the ocean. The town is tiny and has lots of character plus good seafood. I use to go clamming there but that was a long time ago.
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We stayed at Frisco this past September. Nice private sites spread out over rolling dunes. Ocracoke looked like a nice location right off the road and the island is nicely laid back. But being wimps we didn't spend much time in camp outside of the trailer. Usually we cook and eat outside, but the mosquitoes were ferocious! Backing in was hilarious. Candy was standing in her usual spot giving directions flailing her arms in all directions at once.
SeldomSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:23 AM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We stayed in Frisco too. We liked it as it was more spaced out then Cape Point, which we didn't care for. The back road in Frisco that has the sites in the 60's and 70's was the highest and had the best views, also the most wind. We stayed in early Oct., I see they are open till Thanksgiving now.

We wanted to stay at Ocracoke too, but one of the ferries wasn't running so the logistics didn't work out. I had heard the bugs are bad there.

We didn't look at any commercial campgrounds, rvparkreviews might help if that's what you are looking for.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
After looking over the campgrounds with Google maps I like the looks of Frisco. I will make reservations tomorrow. Thanks.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote