Adco Trailer Cover, 7 years in use - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Adco Trailer Cover, 7 years in use

I don't suffer from SADs but I do suffer from CUTTs. (covering up the trailer time)

I know lots of folks have spent the big bucks and purchased higher level covers than the Adco but this is the 7th year that I've used this cover and I'm amazed at the condition that it's still in. The fabric and zippers are still in excellent condition.

One thing that I noticed over the years is that some moisture still got through the top and with it very fine fallout. So while when removing the cover there wasn't any bird droppings or leaves the top wasn't clean.

Last year I tried out putting a thin filmy poly sheet on the roof and putting the cover over it. The poly sheet is about the same consistency as a dry cleaning bag and it feels soft to touch, no danger of scratching the gelcoat.

When I removing the cover last Spring the roof was in pristine condition.

This cover was originally purchased for our 19. It's a loose fit on the 21 so maybe we were just lucky that we erred on the larger size.

One thing that I've noticed is that it hangs down right to the ground. I put this down to the fact that many other brands of trailers have leaf springs and are taller than the Escape. We just roll up the excess on the back side and use plastic clothes pins to keep it from touching the ground.

So all in all, very pleased with the lifespan and service we've gotten from this cover. Probably more than I was originally expecting.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
25-09-2021 2-55-20 PM_0002_resize.jpg   IMGP0019_resize.jpg   IMGP0018_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I don't suffer from SADs but I do suffer from CUTTs. (covering up the trailer time)

I know lots of folks have spent the big bucks and purchased higher level covers than the Adco but this is the 7th year that I've used this cover and I'm amazed at the condition that it's still in. The fabric and zippers are still in excellent condition.

One thing that I noticed over the years is that some moisture still got through the top and with it very fine fallout. So while when removing the cover there wasn't any bird droppings or leaves the top wasn't clean.

Last year I tried out putting a thin filmy poly sheet on the roof and putting the cover over it. The poly sheet is about the same consistency as a dry cleaning bag and it feels soft to touch, no danger of scratching the gelcoat.

When I removing the cover last Spring the roof was in pristine condition.

This cover was originally purchased for our 19. It's a loose fit on the 21 so maybe we were just lucky that we erred on the larger size.

One thing that I've noticed is that it hangs down right to the ground. I put this down to the fact that many other brands of trailers have leaf springs and are taller than the Escape. We just roll up the excess on the back side and use plastic clothes pins to keep it from touching the ground.

So all in all, very pleased with the lifespan and service we've gotten from this cover. Probably more than I was originally expecting.

Ron
I have the same cover just a little younger then yours. It’s been used on my 19 for four years and is still in great shape. I didn’t let it go when I sold the 19, plan on using it on my new 21C.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 escape 21c
Cover

Which model cover and what size is it ? Starting to look for a cover for a 21c
DanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanK View Post
Which model cover and what size is it ? Starting to look for a cover for a 21c
I had a PM this morning asking the same info. They pointed out that the models are different now. I did look at Camping World"s current offerings and thought that the "Classic poly 3" might be the equivalent to mine.

But I dug my old receipt from 7 years and two days ago, and now I'm not so sure. I did see another one at CW that used "Tyvek" in the description and my receipt description is "ADCO Travel Trailer Designer Tyvek RV Cover" so I don't know how that matches up to the current offerings.

The biggest surprise is that it's described as "15'-1" - 18'. Surprising if you look at how it fits my 21. It looks like the model # might have been 32839 and it cost $244.99 back then.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #5

Thanks

Ron thank you for the info , the size is what I really was not sure of . I contacted escape using their forum and they shared the brand/model and size that they sell . They sell the Adco poly pro 3 . Size for the 21c was 15 '1" -18" . With them confirming the size i am feeling a lot better a about pre ordering before my trailer is delivered .
Old 09-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021
what am i missing, 15-18' for a 21 footer
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:29 PM   #7

the cover is sized for the actual trailer box , not bumper to tongue.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021
thank you
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 01:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 21NE March 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
thank you
Happy Thanksgiving folks.
I bought the trailer cover from Escape for our new 21' NE in 2021. Seems like it already needs to be replaced. I have seen this thread as well as a couple others about brands like ADCO, Calmark. Any other new ideas that people may have based on today's market? Invest in a custom or not needed?
Thanks for the help!
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote