Adverse weather conditions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2016 Spirit Bear
Adverse weather conditions

Hello
I was on the Oliver web site and saw a post from an Escape owner. They were in a blizzard and had water coming in. Curious as to other owners experiences with such issues?
Lynn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Curious as to who this was, and how water came in. Do you have a link to this post?

I never experienced an unwanted drop of water inside my 19 which I had for nearly 7 seasons. There must have been a faulty component in theirs, is all.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #3

Thanks Jim and good to know. Looking for the post.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by llofthouse View Post
Hello
I was on the Oliver web site and saw a post from an Escape owner. They were in a blizzard and had water coming in. Curious as to other owners experiences with such issues?
Hi: llofthouse... I can't find the post on the Oliver web site... I must be missing something. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #5

Hi Alf
Wish I could find it as well. I have backtracked however it's like looking for a needle in a haystack at this point. We are very familiar with water issues being home/ boat owners. It can be scary and expensive when these issues happen. I was looking at the "four season" articles and comments on their site at the time. Glad that Escape has the weep holes. On our boat excess water goes into the bilge and we pump it out. When and if we get an Escape we would be travelling in Jan/Feb and was curious about how the trailer would hold up in less than ideal weather conditions.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Hi Alf
Wish I could find it as well. I have backtracked however it's like looking for a needle in a haystack at this point. We are very familiar with water issues being home/ boat owners. It can be scary and expensive when these issues happen. I was looking at the "four season" articles and comments on their site at the time. Glad that Escape has the weep holes. On our boat excess water goes into the bilge and we pump it out. When and if we get an Escape we would be travelling in Jan/Feb and was curious about how the trailer would hold up in less than ideal weather conditions.
Hi: llofthouse... Here's a pic of me getting ready to tug off to Florida 2 yrs. ago. The only problem we faced was a patch of black ice in Windsor Ont. The traffic light changed and I should have kept on tugging. I braked and got stopped straight before entering the intersection... just barely!!!
We slept in the trailer mid Jan. in Cracker Barrels with the furnace on but forgot how hard those memo foams get when cold!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
OMG...No Sunny Beach!!!.jpg  
Old 10-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #7

Hi Alf
Thanks for your pic! You are a real trooper! Please explain "cracker barrels" lol!
Old 10-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Until alf answers, Cracker Barrel is a restaurant that allows you to overnight in the parking lot. Generally speaking there ain't none around us on the West Coast.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
One must experience the Cracker Barrel Breakfast to begin to have an insight to them.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #10

Thanks Bruce/Greg! Would never have guessed!
Old 10-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi Alf
Thanks for your pic! You are a real trooper! Please explain "cracker barrels" lol!
Hi: llofthouse... I forgot there aren't many Cracker Barrel Restaurants in the west.Cracker Barrel Only been bothered once in the half dozen times we stayed there.
Dinner is usually under $25. for 2 and breakfast is under $15. for 2 or about the same as a night at a KOA.
Real nice folks that run them...The fireplace is usually a blaze and open at 6am till 11 pm. Alf
Old 10-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Hello
I can't find it either, but did find this..

Decided on Oliver after looking at an Escape
by kevin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:16 pm
Just drove west on I 40 so jealous of seeing all those casitas. I had one and miss it greatly I thought about an escape trailer as I was tired of the rivets but from my research they are growing to quickly and the quality is going down hill I hope the 50k on this trailer will provide a quality trailer I understand they all have issues but they are close to home, 5 hours, so I can bring in for repairs I hope I am excited to order one next year

All I could think, was... REALLY? That's NOT my understanding...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:05 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, CB's have their own website for locations and even an APP. As Alf alludes to, you stop around 10 pm and park in the "Buses and RV's only" section. Go inside and order a hot meal, they close at 11 pm, use their facilities and then camp in their parking lot until next morning. They open at 6 am for a hot breakfast to go, again use their facilities and be on the road by 7 am. A lot nicer than your Walmart set up.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can't find it either, but did find this..

Decided on Oliver after looking at an Escape
by kevin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:16 pm
Just drove west on I 40 so jealous of seeing all those casitas. I had one and miss it greatly I thought about an escape trailer as I was tired of the rivets but from my research they are growing to quickly and the quality is going down hill I hope the 50k on this trailer will provide a quality trailer I understand they all have issues but they are close to home, 5 hours, so I can bring in for repairs I hope I am excited to order one next year

All I could think, was... REALLY? That's NOT my understanding...
Yeah, I saw that one too Donna. It's nonsense.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #15

Wincrasher's Travels: My New 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II
Found it folks. This is the link to the comment regarding blizzard and water coming in. Near the bottom.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:14 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
As I read it, it had nothing to do with a blizzard and there was no water coming in.

Quote: Even with a dehumidifier blasting, there were BUCKETS of water pouring down the interior walls in condensation. We got through it ok, but it was not pleasant. UNQUOTE
Old 10-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Wincrasher's Travels: My New 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II
Found it folks. This is the link to the comment regarding blizzard and water coming in. Near the bottom.
Okay, now I understand. The trailer wasn't leaking from rain/snow, it was condensation! Yep... been through that a LOT with the Scamp and single pane windows and not understanding about ventilation, etc. So far, owning Ten Forward for 15 months zero problems. I'm going out next month (mid-November) so another test coming.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
As I read it, it had nothing to do with a blizzard and there was no water coming in.

Quote: Even with a dehumidifier blasting, there were BUCKETS of water pouring down the interior walls in condensation. We got through it ok, but it was not pleasant. UNQUOTE
Yes now as I read it "condensation" was prevalent not moisture from the outside. My apologies!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I fail to see how it is an issue with Escape trailers. There is no problem keeping it warm, you just have to add ventilation when inside a lot.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
We got to tour two of the five Olivers (23'+) that were at the recent Cherokee, NC fiberglass rally. We had toured the factory in our state of Tennessee before discovering Escapes.

They make a quality product, but they sell for around $50,000 (U.S. dollars, of course), and all five that were present were the twin bed design (30" wide), with a nightstand between. It can be built to be a king bed, but that would leave only a 1 +1 dinette at the other end. Many good, but heavy extras, with most towing at well over 6000 lbs. One owner reported his full size V8 gas engine pick up was being taxed with the load, and he was looking to increase his tow vehicle to an HD, possibly diesel.

Another owner said the five Olivers present were 5% of the total production, so I assume there have been around 100 sold. Glad the owners like them, but they are not direct competitors to our wonderful Escapes.

Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote