Brakes on 2019, E-21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: ventura, California
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 29
Brakes on 2019, E-21

Hey Everyone,

I am loving my new trailer and forgot if I need to adjust my brakes on it. I. did the initial "bumping and braking thing," but that is it. Thank you.
__________________

Kodakajika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakajika View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am loving my new trailer and forgot if I need to adjust my brakes on it. I. did the initial "bumping and braking thing," but that is it. Thank you.
This is what the Escape Owners Manual says...works out to an initial adjustment around 300 miles and then every 3000 miles or so thereafter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake adjustment.JPG (52.8 KB, 21 views)
__________________

__________________
ďOne way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.Ē― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 21,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakajika View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am loving my new trailer and forgot if I need to adjust my brakes on it. I. did the initial "bumping and braking thing," but that is it. Thank you.
That is all I have ever done, and check the wheel lugs
__________________
Jim
Due to the pandemic, my life now exists of only 3 days, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Everything else has been forgotten!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is all I have ever done, and check the wheel lugs
This has been on my list to do and I just haven't got around to it...I check the lugs every so often as that's easy to do. My brakes feel good and strong, and none of the hubs have been heating up when I've checked them so I suspect all is well, but I'd feel better if I checked and made sure all four were in good adjustment. Meant to do that at the rally last week on a nice big level concrete pad and spent all my time walking on the beach and goofing off instead.
__________________
David, Mary, and 3 Cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tdf-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Baytown, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - since 1/9/2017
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
This has been on my list to do and I just haven't got around to it...I check the lugs every so often as that's easy to do. My brakes feel good and strong, and none of the hubs have been heating up when I've checked them so I suspect all is well, but I'd feel better if I checked and made sure all four were in good adjustment. Meant to do that at the rally last week on a nice big level concrete pad and spent all my time walking on the beach and goofing off instead.
I would suggest while you have the trailer jacked up to adjust the brakes, hook up your TV 7 pin and tap the brakes to make sure they actually work on each wheel.

A quick spin, then tap the TV brake petal, and if the wheel stops - great. If it doesn't, now you know which wheel(s) has a brake wiring problem.
__________________
If It Isnít Perfect, It Isnít Finished
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: ventura, California
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 29
Our first trip was 1200 miles, so I guess I need to jack them up and check them. Thanks for the tips!
__________________

Kodakajika is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×