Ceramic Coating - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 11:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Ceramic Coating

I don’t recall if anyone has mentioned ceramic coating and a search of the forum did not reveal any discussion of ceramic coating.

My spouse has expressed her “displeasure” with me (I’m guessing my age comes into play) getting on a 10-foot step ladder and leaning over the roof to apply a yearly coat of Meguier’s Marine Wax yo the trailer. Because it is stored under cover for 2/3 of the year, a single, annual application of wax has maintained the trailer’s glossy appearance. But in order to alleviate her concern, I investigated ceramic coatings and while rather expensive at $60 a foot (plus tax, of course), I agreed to have the trailer ceramic coated. And being perfectly honest, I must admit, leaning over the roof from the upper steps of a ladder doesn’t thrill me either.

The “professional” with whom I contracted will start tomorrow morning. I am told by people who have had show cars done that ceramic coating is phenomenal. It produces an outstanding shine, and makes cleaning very easy. And I am told it has far greater longevity than wax. It may not have to be recoated for 4 or 5 years given that it spends much of the year indoors not exposed to sunlight.

And so, it is my intent to initially post my perception of the product, its application, and its initial appearance, and will report periodically on its advantages, if any, and its longevity. It is supposedly equal to ot more protective against UV damage as a good quality wax. I suspect only time will tell. Now I only have to figure out how to productively fill the 2+ days it typically took me to thoroughly clean and wax it!
Old 09-29-2021, 12:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Just FYI, another thread .... Ceramic Coating?

Looking forward to following your Escape ceramic coating experience over time .... I'm sure in favor of reduced maintenance effort, especially waxing my 5.0, and would be willing to pay for the privilege. Nano / ceramic coating may deliver that, it'd be great if it does for you.

(wanna make a gentleman's wager on how many posts before this thread takes-off on other preferred non-nano / ceramic 'waxing options', etc even though those are already well documented in other threads? )
Old 06-10-2022, 05:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
What do you think of the ceramic coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I don’t recall if anyone has mentioned ceramic coating and a search of the forum did not reveal any discussion of ceramic coating.

My spouse has expressed her “displeasure” with me (I’m guessing my age comes into play) getting on a 10-foot step ladder and leaning over the roof to apply a yearly coat of Meguier’s Marine Wax yo the trailer. Because it is stored under cover for 2/3 of the year, a single, annual application of wax has maintained the trailer’s glossy appearance. But in order to alleviate her concern, I investigated ceramic coatings and while rather expensive at $60 a foot (plus tax, of course), I agreed to have the trailer ceramic coated. And being perfectly honest, I must admit, leaning over the roof from the upper steps of a ladder doesn’t thrill me either.

The “professional” with whom I contracted will start tomorrow morning. I am told by people who have had show cars done that ceramic coating is phenomenal. It produces an outstanding shine, and makes cleaning very easy. And I am told it has far greater longevity than wax. It may not have to be recoated for 4 or 5 years given that it spends much of the year indoors not exposed to sunlight.

And so, it is my intent to initially post my perception of the product, its application, and its initial appearance, and will report periodically on its advantages, if any, and its longevity. It is supposedly equal to ot more protective against UV damage as a good quality wax. I suspect only time will tell. Now I only have to figure out how to productively fill the 2+ days it typically took me to thoroughly clean and wax it!

How did you like it and what brand did you use?